Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the install done...pre-flight check complete....and...

Sorry for the cussing but.......HOLY HOLY HOLY SHIT!!!! Its freaking insane!!! The wail of the supercharger sounds like a thousand Grabber Orange Devils screaming up on to their prey!!! A big thanks to Ken C at Kenne Bell for all his help and to Lambo for keeping me going and all of you for the good wishes!!! ITS SICK!!! I highly recommend it to any power hungry GT500 owner!! You wont be disappointed in the least!! HOLY CRAP!!! I gotta go drive it again!! lol...I feel like a giddy 5 year old!! Pics to follow!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
very nice pics. get a shot of what you had to do to the hood if you dont mind. It all looks great. Still waiting to see what the Whipple comes out to be but KB is very tempting. Grats again. I will put on one of the two, GT500KR watch your rear view.

·
Registered
301 Posts
For the first time SICK is a good thing, It sure does look goooooodddd
setting up their. Dominate look, keep us in the info loop so we get pumped enuff to make it part of our attire!!. Are you going to dyno?

Thanks for the peek

Illegal

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow,
That looks great let us know what she drives like.
Good job!

Canada#7_Shelby

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Driveability is incredible, although traction is now a definite issue as well as keeping control of your right foot!! lol....Power is in a word...UNBELIEVABLE!! Its a beast. Im going to take it to Dynojet headquarters here in Las Vegas and have Dan Hourigan put it on the dyno and take a peek at the numbers and tune.

·
Registered
67 Posts
totally beyond awesome, I can't imagine the power. great choice of color too, now grabber orange is definitely the fastest.......shoyoright.......

·
Registered
275 Posts
Driveability is incredible, although traction is now a definite issue as well as keeping control of your right foot!! lol....Power is in a word...UNBELIEVABLE!! Its a beast. Im going to take it to Dynojet headquarters here in Las Vegas and have Dan Hourigan put it on the dyno and take a peek at the numbers and tune.
AWESOME! Notice any extra heat in the engine compartment? You set it to run on 91-92 octane right? GGBIW

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nice setup.Can I borrow it for a couple of years?Lol.Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
275 Posts
dont notice much extra heat at all....91 octane tune for now...its a daily driver
You mentioned traction being an issue. Your gt500 already had some modification to the suspension. I'm glad heat is not an issue. It really looks good in the photos. I believe you are King of the hill as far as gt500's go. Thank you for keeping us informed on your build up.:) GGBIW

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks Arbour88. Got it.

Wow

flip

I was with a guy all weekend that has a KB.No other HP performance mods and it is 1 quick car.703 hp at the rear wheels.Wow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was with a guy all weekend that has a KB.No other HP performance mods and it is 1 quick car.703 hp at the rear wheels.Wow.

What was your real thoughts about this set up, Pros and Cons.

I am still charting out my course and would like to not be to and fro. These are not 100. 00 pieces any longer as they were many years ago. Everything is 4 digits.

What gear did he have?

Thanks ILLEGAL

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow, hold the phone!!! Almost unbelievable with simply a KB setup and nothing else. Fred, was he absolutely stock in all other areas?

Thanks

flip

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Wow, hold the phone!!! Almost unbelievable with simply a KB setup and nothing else. Fred, was he absolutely stock in all other areas?

Thanks

flip

No other Hp mods.He had brake lock valves and rear suspension mods.It is a beast.

·
Registered
285 Posts
No other Hp mods.He had brake lock valves and rear suspension mods.It is a beast.
Wow, now I feel violated. Damn, should have done the extensive research before because that's the type of guy I am. I definitely believe in the "Big Bang" from the get go. Wow, still unbelievable but I know it's true.

I plan on running this setup for a little while longer and then, definitely back to the store. 703 HP (amazing):eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

flip

·
Registered
861 Posts
excuse me for my stupity! WHAT ARE BRAKE LOCK VALVES?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
excuse me for my stupity! WHAT ARE BRAKE LOCK VALVES?
They are solenoid valves that are installed with the front hydraulic lines for the brakes.It builds up pressure then locks.To release you flip a switch or in this case you honk the horn to release.Used for racing.Here is a picture of the car with brake locks and KB supercharger,enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX1baXhnEx8

1 - 20 of 44 Posts