Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woot!! I got my Kenne Bell 2.8H Stage 3 today! All mods on my "MOD WALL" should be in by next Thursday with pics and vids to follow!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nice setup.I have the S.S. Headers,S.S. High Flow Cats, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft,Gear and Ring Set but not the K.B.'s.What's in the little brown box?Subway?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I noticed your motor mount thread. How did you lift the motor to get those in there?

Floor stands, hydraulic jacks and wood!But my hands hurt.I am getting to old to do this myself.But I am to cheap to have anyone else do it.I have about redone the whole car.Can't wait to take her out.Wish I was in California.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Floor stands, hydraulic jacks and wood!But my hands hurt.I am getting to old to do this myself.But I am to cheap to have anyone else do it.I have about redone the whole car.Can't wait to take her out.Wish I was in California.

LOL...thats what I thought! Im just going to have everything installed by my local speed shop and drive it! I dont have the time nor the tools to do it all myself.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
LOL...thats what I thought! Im just going to have everything installed by my local speed shop and drive it! I dont have the time nor the tools to do it all myself.

When you live in the North you have all winter to do it.It's not going anywhere and I am not driving it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was 91 here yesterday and I think it hit 85 or so today! I do not miss Michigan winters, thats for sure!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Woot!! I got my Kenne Bell 2.8H Stage 3 today! All mods on my "MOD WALL" should be in by next Thursday with pics and vids to follow!

[/URL][/IMG]
Wow,sweet setup. How much hp are you going to set the stage 3 at? I did notice that the upper brace was not on the kenne bell supercharged gt500 on his web page.I'm hoping that was removed just to take an unosbtructed view of his supercharger.Did you get the polished unit? Anyhow lucky you:) GGBIW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow,sweet setup. How much hp are you going to set the stage 3 at? I did notice that the upper brace was not on the kenne bell supercharged gt500 on his web page.I'm hoping that was removed just to take an unosbtructed view of his supercharger.Did you get the polished unit? Anyhow lucky you:) GGBIW
Say goodbye to the strut tower with the KB kit. There's barely enough room as it is and as most will concur, the strut tower on these cars is more for show than for function unless you're autocrossing at 9/10ths. As far as HP. I should be ending in the high 600's if all my moons align correctly!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Awesome! So you can run 91 octane as well .The strut does look weak. I could live without it . GGBIW

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome! So you can run 91 octane as well .The strut does look weak. I could live without it . GGBIW

I can run 91 but as the kit says in the instructions, its not a bad idea to keep a can of N.O.S. octane booster in the trunk just in case you get a bad tank of fuel. I went with the black case 2.8H instead of the polished unit basically because the valve covers and just about everything else in the engine bay is black and it looks more "factory" and less "blingy".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice choice. I will be getting the KB also but am gonna wait a while before I do. I dont like the idea of having to cut on my hood to get the 2.8 KB to fit.
By the way did you say what pulley you will be using?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I will be waitng for the Whipple product to become available and for the time being the Metco 2.6 blower pulley and 100mm idler will do.;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice choice. I will be getting the KB also but am gonna wait a while before I do. I dont like the idea of having to cut on my hood to get the 2.8 KB to fit.
By the way did you say what pulley you will be using?
Im using the 3 1/4" pulley to start. With the headers it should put me near the high 600 HP mark. Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be waitng for the Whipple product to become available and for the time being the Metco 2.6 blower pulley and 100mm idler will do.;)
I thought about the Whipple as well, but as far as I know they arent offering a larger throttle body and the big drawback is that it wont fit under the stock hood and I didnt want to replace the entire hood on my car and have to have it repainted and striped.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I thought about the Whipple as well, but as far as I know they arent offering a larger throttle body and the big drawback is that it wont fit under the stock hood and I didnt want to replace the entire hood on my car and have to have it repainted and striped.
I was under the impression that the Whipple was a direct bolt on replacement not requiring any major modfications. Thanks for the input as I will research this further.:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you read the the piece on the KB 2.8 being put on the GT500 in the latest issue of 5.0? I think it says you will have to take the hood pad off and do a small amount of cutting on your hood to fit the KB. But they have great results, 810 rwhp and they figure about 1000 hp at the engine ( not flywheel ). KB says the stock headers are so good they dont have to be changed, maybe for weight is all. Good luck with your transplant hope to learn alot thru your experience on with it.
Also there is a nice chart in the 5.0 mag showing hp and torque with stages 1,2,3 and all the pulley combos. I think if you have the 77 throttle boby you will easily get 600 hp without changing headers, since you got the stage 3 you have all the goodies to make it happen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Have you read the the piece on the KB 3.8 bieng put on the GT500 in the latest issue of 5.0? I think it says you will have to take the hood pad off and do a small amount of cutting on your hood to fit the KB. But they have great results, 810 rwhp and they figure about 1000 hp at the engine ( not flywheel ). KB says the stock headers are so good they dont have to be changed, maybe for weight is all. Good luck with your transplant hope to learn alot thru your experience on with it.
Also there is a nice chart in the 5.0 mag showing hp and torque with stages 1,2,3 and all the pulley combos. I think if you have the 77 throttle boby you will easily get 600 hp without changing headers, since you got the stage 3 you have all the goodies to make it happen.
Was your 3.8 a typo or were you talking about the 2.8 twin screw? I don't mind taking the brace out but don't want to mess with the hood.:confused:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts