Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Found out last night that my shelby has the old flywheel and all that is related to the TSB.

Well just to clairfy for folks, I called the dealer and explained to him the problem on shifting into reverse and/or first and told him that I understood that it has to deal with the TSB that was put out and gave him the TSB #. Well, only 7k miles on it(it is daily driver) and the dealer is going to warranty it completely. I need to get to the site (i think its teamshelby) to referrence my build date, which is 08-14-08.

Anyways good luck to those who have this problem and I will update you guys and take pics(you know how I am) of the whole process.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
darxide,

Not to worry - had my 08 done at 3K, car is now nothing short of superb. Somethimes TSBs are a blessing in disguise. Consider the FRPP short-throw and KR shifter at the same time - should be no charge for install - again, a great upgrade!

Best to identify the senior tech and develop a rapport with him - one upgrade tends to lead to another!

Congrats,

frisco

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You are in the same boat as many folks with the old flywheel. At least your car exhibits the problem and your dealer will install the TSB. Have they successfully done the TSB on other GT500s or will yours be the first? Make sure their tech is qualified to do the work - senior master tech. I also recommend the Ford Racing short-throw shifter. As Frisco said, there should be no charge for installation - just clarify that with your service advisor if you choose to go that route. I had pre-purchased my shifter and just provided it to my service advisor. Also make sure they have all the parts in the tranny kit before allowing them to start working on your car. My kit was missing some synchos and I had to wait 3 weeks while the car was on a lift before they arrived.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I had 9500 miles on my 2007 and had the TSB done in October made a world of difference. One thing to note when the Tech goes to bleed the clutch he will probably go by the book which says to bleed twice, I and other that had this done needed to bleed it more than twice I can say I had him do it at least 6 times before I knew what the clutch should feel like. Good Luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok TSB completed yesterday. The Clutch feels a little smoother, and no more chatter at all. They warranty'd everything (except for the oil change I had them do while it was there, :p) I have pics of the receipt where it says warranty and also was able to get a receipt of what it actually cost. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to get pics of the old/new components as they had some excuse as to why I couldnt, although I was almost begging.

heres the pics of my receipts. I had 7100 miles on it and it was completely warranty'd for those who are having problems with the dealership not wanting to warranty it.

Build date for my car is 14Aug08.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts