Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nothing interesting to say. Just wanted to be the first to post in a new forum and welcome any fellow Canadians (or anyone else who visits here). Can't wait to see the cars up close. All the pictures look awesome.

Sofa King

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found out that Ford in Canada is only selling Shelbys through SVT dealers. Unfortunately we are NOT an SVT dealer so won't be getting one at all. My chances of getting one were slim anyhow. I have three customers (serious buyers) who want one, but I didn't take any deposits so none are going to be PO'd at me. Too bad....I haven't seen a car that has peaked my interest, like the Shelby, in a long long time. Guess I will just have to add it to my wish list of cars I would like to have.

Sofa King

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi there Sofa_King (funny name by the way),
I'm here in Alberta and as far as I know I am getting a GT500. Are you certain that they are only going to be sold to SVT dealers, even though SVT is no longer going to exist after April 1st?
Also, any word on a Canadian MSRP? I've heard everything from $50,000 up to $65,000.
It's hard to find out any info from Ford Head Quarters....
Have a good one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I'am fromTORONTO I called my dealer today #3 on list he said still no order guides yet. a year ago the first dealer I went to said the where not getting any because they where not svt? so I went to ford svt dealer and they had a list of #35 depoists already .so I went to another svt dealer and left a depoist there at #15 then found another where I am #3 . the msrp price is not officale yet but I heard it should be around $50,000 to $55,000 for the coupe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
#4 Yesterday, 08:49 PM
gt 500
Newbie Join Date: Feb 2006

Re: Just Saying Hi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I'am fromTORONTO I called my dealer today #3 on list he said still no order guides yet. a year ago the first dealer I went to said the where not getting any because they where not svt? so I went to ford svt dealer and they had a list of #35 depoists already .so I went to another svt dealer and left a depoist there at #15 then found another where I am #3 . the msrp price is not officale yet but I heard it should be around $50,000 to $55,000 for the coupe.

Hey GT 500,
Did your SVT guy tell you that you would not have to pay over MSRP? I am # 5 here in Calgary (even though my login says #7) and my SVT guy says that I am not going to pay over MSRP, but I did talk to a nasty SVT guy in Edmonton who said that they were going to charge $30,000 above MSRP, based on what is going on in the States. Needless to say, I will NEVER consided buying anything from that sales guy or his dealership.
My SVT guy says the same for a Canadian MSRP, $50k - $55k. The A$$hole in Edmonton said it would be $60k - $65k + a $30K markup... I hope that he never sells one.
Anyway, best of luck to you.
What colour are you getting? I'm think the "Alloy" with Stripes or simply Black (I currently own an 01 Cobra Black/Black, which I am selling if you know of anyone who's looking)
ttyl

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey canada#7shelby no I dont know final price but I have two depoist's from last year and both gaurante me the car.When it's time I will compare the two and hopfully get one at mrsp.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL! about your car I'l spread the word.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the color red coupe with white stripes.I also own a 93 5.0 lx trunk model speciale order red[darker red] and all red interiore.13 years later i added 17cobra r polished with nitto drag tires a vortech s-trim supper charger 373 gears long tube headers h pipe flowmaster mufflers 3 inch long stianless tips all the work on my car was done by a very good freind that owns dasilva racing he races in the usa alot and has won many races last year he was hitting 6 sec 1/4 mile!!!GO JOE! he also dynode my car after installing SP it did 330 rwhp witch is about 385 hp.the car is mint and fun to drive.Never ever gave me any problems.Many freindsask if I am selling but I just cant let go!BEST OF LUCK TO YOU CANADA#7SHELBY!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gt 500 said:
When it's time I will compare the two and hopfully get one at mrsp.
Buy them both!! With the short supply, and buyers willing to pay just about anything, you can't lose. In fact I would buy one from you.

The info I got about SVT dealers only in Canada came off the Ford.ca website. Click on the "Join us at the 2006 Autoshow" icon then the "Ford Shelby GT500" icon, then watch the video. Near the end they say available exclusively through SVT Dealers......Crap

Sofa King

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sofa King said:
Buy them both!! With the short supply, and buyers willing to pay just about anything, you can't lose. In fact I would buy one from you.

The info I got about SVT dealers only in Canada came off the Ford.ca website. Click on the "Join us at the 2006 Autoshow" icon then the "Ford Shelby GT500" icon, then watch the video. Near the end they say available exclusively through SVT Dealers......Crap

Sofa King
HEY SOFA KING about svt dealer's I have been hearing lately that all FORD DEALERS can get 1 but maybe in USA not sure?but that is what the [ FORD-LINCON] dealer told me last year?he told to buy the ford gt they had in showroom for $200,000 but a little high for me plus all I had in my head was SHELBY GT500!.BEST OF LUCK!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have good news for fellow CANADIAN'S= I read at stangsunleashed.com another canadian that went to the dealer ship where i have a depoist but has his esewhere the just wanted to know colors any the G.M. walked up to him the guy told him he didnot waste his time because has depoist somewhere else but G.M. still spoke with him he basickly said that he know's the marckup'sin the U.S.A and that in the U.S.A all ford dealers are able to get the gt500 in CANADA still only S.V.T dealers will get it.Meaning average dealer in U.S.A 2-3 in CANADA S.V.T dealers will get 10-20 and the 300 allocated to CANADA are our's and cant go back he said he expects 18 I am #15 there. Prices should be in 2-4 week's and the best new's of all is he said there is no markup accros CANADA!!!but we have 15% tax.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
gt 500 said:
I have good news for fellow CANADIAN'S= I read at stangsunleashed.com another canadian that went to the dealer ship where i have a depoist but has his esewhere the just wanted to know colors any the G.M. walked up to him the guy told him he didnot waste his time because has depoist somewhere else but G.M. still spoke with him he basickly said that he know's the marckup'sin the U.S.A and that in the U.S.A all ford dealers are able to get the gt500 in CANADA still only S.V.T dealers will get it.Meaning average dealer in U.S.A 2-3 in CANADA S.V.T dealers will get 10-20 and the 300 allocated to CANADA are our's and cant go back he said he expects 18 I am #15 there. Prices should be in 2-4 week's and the best new's of all is he said there is no markup accros CANADA!!!but we have 15% tax.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!
That's right gt 500,
I can confirm that Ford Canada is only selling through it's SVT dealers. As for the no markup across Canada, I hope that is true, but I think that I mentioned it in an earlier post that a SVT dealer in the northern half of Alberta was looking for a $30k markup. I hope that Ford of Canada enforces this no markup policy. Thanks for the good news. Have a good one. By the way, i like your colour choice. I think that I'd like to see that "Alloy" colour before i make my final choice.
ttyl

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Guys Maybe More Good News:d I Seen On Another Forum A Picture Of A Mustang And On The Side Side Sticker Said Gt350 Romurs Are Going About Ford Might Make A Lower Version Called Sheby Gt350 Looks Basicly Like The Gt500 But Will Make Less Power Romurs Are 350-380hp Price Range Will Be Also Between Mustang Gt And The Gt500 Hope This Is True And Sure Will Satisfy Lots Of Ford Pepole With The Gt500 Being Limeted.best Of Luck To All!:d !:d !:d

·
Registered
27 Posts
gt 500 said:
Hey Guys Maybe More Good News:d I Seen On Another Forum A Picture Of A Mustang And On The Side Side Sticker Said Gt350 Romurs Are Going About Ford Might Make A Lower Version Called Sheby Gt350 Looks Basicly Like The Gt500 But Will Make Less Power Romurs Are 350-380hp Price Range Will Be Also Between Mustang Gt And The Gt500 Hope This Is True And Sure Will Satisfy Lots Of Ford Pepole With The Gt500 Being Limeted.best Of Luck To All!:d !:d !:d

You may want to check this website

http://www.mustangblog.com/

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got a notice this morning, from Ford, that Canadian order guides will be released on April 3. We won't have prices for a while, but I am going to try and order one right away. Our system will not accept our order if they are SVT only. I don't know when Ford will give allotments, but will post here when I find out.

Sofa King impatient

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sofa King said:
I just got a notice this morning, from Ford, that Canadian order guides will be released on April 3. We won't have prices for a while, but I am going to try and order one right away. Our system will not accept our order if they are SVT only. I don't know when Ford will give allotments, but will post here when I find out.

Sofa King impatient
Thanks Sofa King! Good to know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey what happend to stephen cole that he predicted by april 1 svt would be finished???I havent heard anything [good]I guees your wrong mr.cole !! ha !ha!If anyone heard anything please post:D :D hanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No order guide yet for us lowly NON-SVT dealers. Bulletin on Monday Apr 03 said that the order guides were out. My guess is that we won't be able to order one unless we go through an SVT dealer and why would they sell to another dealer when there aren't enough cars to fill the retail demand.

Sofa King frustrating

·
Registered
32 Posts
sofa king depending how bad you or your custmer's want the car? You should call all S.V.T. DEALRES in your region and maybe some a bit out of the way TODAY!! If you or your custmer's really want the car.BEST OF LUCK!!!:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
More Good News Fellow Canadains And Gt500 Lover's Horsepower Has Been Bumped Up Again:d To 485hp:d 475lbs Torque:d :d And The Best Is It's Still Not Final:d .meaning It Will Jump Again:d Also Go To Shelbyautos.com For The New Shelbygt-h Rent A Racer Like In 66:d Best Of Luck To All!!!:d :d :d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts