Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 2 pics from the floor mats I just received. Got them from www.50resto.com.

So I got the floor mats and the new Exhaust in the garage... something is missing...yeh thats right I need a Shelby to put this stuff in. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
busababy said:
Here are 2 pics from the floor mats I just received. Got them from www.50resto.com.

So I got the floor mats and the new Exhaust in the garage... something is missing...yeh thats right I need a Shelby to put this stuff in. :D

Very nice.I like your choice of colors.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read somewhere were the RED Shelbys were the fastest :D Would you agree 07 Shelby :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
busababy said:
I read somewhere were the RED Shelbys were the fastest :D Would you agree 07 Shelby :)

I concur.I have those same mats,they sure are nice.You will probably be a little faster.I have the feeling you will always be a step ahead on the mods.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
busababy said:

busababy - do you know if they sell black cobra floor mats?

Aldy

·
Registered
888 Posts
Aldy said:
busababy - do you know if they sell black cobra floor mats?

Aldy
I inquired about the black/charcoal mats last night. I'll let you know if they answer!

·
Premium Member
11,032 Posts
oldimp said:
I inquired about the black/charcoal mats last night. I'll let you know if they answer!
Had my first oil change today. 7 quarts...but I think they put the last half of one in the trash :)

$82.00!! Ouch!!

I was at Al Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park, IL for service. They were not the closest, but I'd heard they were really different (as in great service). I asked Ford about going there for the stripe replacement, etc. They OK'd it.

So, my first experience with them was excellent! They're replacing the stripes that were screwed up....the front air dam that was nicked getting off the truck...and replacing the driver's side door handle/pull assembly. I heard a buzz in front of me and isolated to that mechanism. If you pull it out, like you're opening the door, it stops. So, a replacement is on order.

While I was there I asked about rear mats (since Ford decided that rather than listen to people bitch about them bunching up under the front seats they'd just stop providing them!). You can't buy the rears alone....only the 4 mat package!! Needless to say, I'm not doing it. I'll throw rubber mats back there, because no one will be there except my daughter once in a great while.

Hope everyone's car is doing well. I'm at 1,150 miles in a little over a week! And I LOVE the car.

bj

·
Registered
154 Posts
BJ,

Did they put in 5w-50 synthetic oil? I'm having trouble finding Motorcraft 5w-50. Even the Motorcraft parts website doesn't show it available. Thinking about Castrol Syntech 5w-50...anybody have any experience with Castrol?

Scott

·
Registered
154 Posts
BJ, did they get the air dam/stripe redo taken care of for you? If so, how'd it go?

Scott

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
BJ,

Did they put in 5w-50 synthetic oil? I'm having trouble finding Motorcraft 5w-50. Even the Motorcraft parts website doesn't show it available. Thinking about Castrol Syntech 5w-50...anybody have any experience with Castrol?

Scott
I've used Castrol products most of my life. Seems to do the job just fine, although I've never used it in a high-performance car and never Castrol Syntech. I got 300K miles out of a Honda Civic using nothing but Castrol.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have used Castrol all my life, at one time even ran it in a motorcycle back in 1988 (Katana1100) and the bike red lined around 11K RPM and the oil never broke down. AT 15K miles I pulled the side cover to get to a oil pump and the motor looked brand new. I also ran Castrol Syntech in my truck for 3 years no issues. I will probally run Mobil Syn in the mustang, I run it in the Busa, read a report one time where they put a group of motor oils together and really all them were good but Mobil Syn came out on top just by a hair but winning is winning. I would advise against running the oil till 5K or 7500 miles like they claim. To me oil is a life line of all motors and if you buy at the right place.. costco, wal-marts etc you can get it at a good price. So maybe 4K is the max I would run the oil no matter what the manual says....but to each his own. And remember FORD does NOT refine oil...they purchase from one of the big boys and have it rebottled.. that was also in the review. Same thing with the filters.. at one time FRAM PH8A was repackaged as a motorcraft oil filter which I bought back in the 80's when 302's was in the GT's. But the motorcraft cost more than the FRAM and you can bet the Ford oil will cost more at the dealer than what you or I can get it for in another brand.

·
Registered
154 Posts
What choices do we have for 5w-50 oil? Motorcraft, Castrol...any others? I agree on the mileage. I always try to change my oil by 4000 miles.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
...I always try to change my oil by 4000 miles.
I still stick to the old school 3,000 miles. Better safe than sorry. The oil may stand up for more miles, but the oil filter still gets clogged with goo.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts