Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after 4 weeks of dropping the order and the deposit, I found out today my build date is next Tuesday. I was wondering, based on past experience, if anyone had a fairly accurate estimate on delivery. I am out in AZ, so that may be different than others closer to the plant. The dealer is saying 45-55 days after it's built... (that seems like its too long)

Sincerely,

A very anxious buyer...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congrats on getting you build date so quick .
I would think no more than 2 to 4 weeks at most. How about some details on what you ordered ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't understand the long transit times for these cars. Where do they go after they leave the plant? I live in MO, and was quoted up to 4 weeks. That's ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
well after 4 weeks of dropping the order and the deposit, I found out today my build date is next Tuesday. I was wondering, based on past experience, if anyone had a fairly accurate estimate on delivery. I am out in AZ, so that may be different than others closer to the plant. The dealer is saying 45-55 days after it's built... (that seems like its too long)

Sincerely,

A very anxious buyer...

There are a lot of variables but I would say 4 to 6 weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sincerely,

A very anxious buyer...[/QUOTE]
Vapor Clearcoat Metallic w/ ebony stripes w/ Charcoal interior, HID's, Ambient, Shaker 1000, Premium Package, Car cover, Coupe

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sincerely,

A very anxious buyer...
Vapor Clearcoat Metallic w/ ebony stripes w/ Charcoal interior, HID's, Ambient, Shaker 1000, Premium Package, Car cover, Coupe[/QUOTE]

I work there and I would not B.S. you.I have one and know what it feels like to wait.Your dealer is pretty accurate on this one.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I don't understand the long transit times for these cars. Where do they go after they leave the plant? I live in MO, and was quoted up to 4 weeks. That's ridiculous.
They wait at the mixing station for a "full" railcar....so this is a few days delay. The railcar may sit at a station waiting for some "other" item to be unloaded for hours at a time...and they make many stops.

Back in the early days they had to go to striping after leaving the main plant...but I think they do that in the same plant now...or at least some of the cars are striped in the main plant.

Dave

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Mine was built on Oct 26 06 and I picked it up at the dealer Nov 16 ,06. That was only 21 days so it is possible.
Mine was built Nov. 21st 2006, I took delivery on Jan 3, 2007...so 6 weeks is also possible. It's all over the place...I was caught in the e-brake quality hold issue.

AD

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
Mine was built on January 2, 2008 and picked it up Feb, 14th, 2008. So about 6 weeks. My original delivery week was the 16th of January. So you can see that it was pushed back 3-4 weeks. Mine was shipped out on the 29th so it took over 2 weeks transit time.

It will get to you soon enough. We all have gone through it. Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Mine was built 9/6/06. Delivered 9/23/06. About 3 weeks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just found out today that my car was built yesterday, and the ETA at the dealer in GA is 3/9.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts