Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the KR shifter installed also and on the way home noticed it was real hard to get into 5th.. and in 3rd. it was acting like it was going to pop out of gear as lever was moving ... any thoughts on this..need time for new syncros to break in or ???? had the complete tsb done, transmission is same one with new syncros. I called dealer back and waiting for a return call, I hope it's just the shifter needing adjusted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked at old shifter and don't see any adjustments on it so it looks like problem is in tranny or when he put shifter in he might have put it in a bind if that's possible..still waiting on return call.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
Which dealer did you go to? I was thinking about having it done, but I don't have any problems yet, so now I'm second guessing...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer is in Lake Worth Florida a little to far for you, clutch chatter seems to be gone though, for how long it's any body's guess. Car seems alright up to 4th gear though shifter feels a little notchy..

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
I grew up in Jupiter, that's why I was asking. I actually bought my 98 at Maroone in Lake Worth. I just haven't found a dealer in Orlando that I really trust, not that I would really trust any of them anyway.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's a pot shot with any of the dealers, well do you feel lucky

·
Registered
59 Posts
Which dealer did you go to? I was thinking about having it done, but I don't have any problems yet, so now I'm second guessing...
That is what has me concerned. I have no symptoms yet, either. I figure that I could use the new clutch & flywheel, but I am not eager to have a dealership mechanic tear into my transmission for synchro replacement, that I might not need. At best it comes out same. At worst...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shaker281 if I had it to do over I would have waited till Ford came up with a proper fix, at least I hope that will happen since a huge % of tSB's have resulted in more problems "especially with the transmission" and this has to be costing Ford a ton of money.
I just can't understand what can be so hard to get this problem resolved be it changing clutch material or ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
See the thread at Team Shelby. They are preparing a form letter for every one to sign and then they will send it to Ford. I believe someone will forward it here so every one gets in on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts