Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Goose for the add. Layne here. I will upload a couple of the cars I have currently although my 09 had the stripe kit put on by myself, it will be coming off within the next month. There is a back story. So the 09 i have with the black stripes I bought in 2010 as the second owner. Sold it to a friend in 2014 and just bought it back this March. Guess I am owner 2 and 4. While my friend owned mine, I missed, it so I bought another one. Both Alloy. The second one I bought has the stripes, pictured next to my 68 GT500. I sold the 09 with the stripes since I now have my original back. What a tangled web I weave. Lol. My 09 is going back to Ford this month for what I call a “soft” restore. Going back to oem exhaust (heads all the way out the back), original hood and original k-member (since that was changed to a tubular K-member. Back to original pulley and Ford factory tune. I have a couple of somewhat grainy pics of her just before I had the body shop put on the stripe and a couple when they were done. My 68, while my dream car, just is not a daily driver. It’s 100% road ready, I just have a hard time taking it on the road to dodge other onlookers.

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,212 Posts
Wow! Love them both, but that 68 is just SEXY!

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your rides! We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
369 Posts
Awesome! Your 68 is fabulous! Both cars are sweet! Welcome to the forum. Bunch of great people here. Lots of great information.

🖖 Live Long and Prosper
May the Force Be with You always!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. You have some beautiful rides as well. Love cars!! Look forward to finishing up my 09 for future pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Love them both, but that 68 is just SEXY!

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for introducing yourself and showing us your rides! We encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly. Holler at fletchffletch or me if you need any forum assistance.
Everyone can call me Layne. Thanks for the complements! I will have my 09 in original factory condition soon and post more. Cheers,
Layne

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Layne. As mentioned, that 68’ is gorgeous. Please share more on it as well. Looking at the photos of the 09, I don’t believe I’ve seen a closed air box and a pulley. Like the color and the hood. Keep posting those pics.
Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum, Layne. As mentioned, that 68’ is gorgeous. Please share more on it as well. Looking at the photos of the 09, I don’t believe I’ve seen a closed air box and a pulley. Like the color and the hood. Keep posting those pics.
Bob
Good evening Bob . I was going to change the air box to match up with the hood and just never did. It gets pretty good power with the steeda pulley and exhaust mods. I liked the hood originally to kind of go with the sound but after a few years, decided to go back to an all stock car. So the hood and pulley as well as complete exhaust will be oem . I was reading the build states from someone on another forum and in 2009 there were a total of 156 Alloy GT500s made and of those, only 7 were ordered stripe delete. So it seems my 09 is a fairly rare steed as well. Although not a sexy or classy as the 68. I guess time will tell...

The 68 I bought in 2015 from a broker and turned it back into a daily driver ( for shipping fees to specialized shops and return to home) . According to SAAC, I am the 6th owner since new and it spent life between Illinois and Florida. It was auctioned off once at Barrett Jackson and also at another auction up north oddly . It was restored in 2006 and saw mostly shows and auctions. I bought it because it is my dream car not realizing the responsibility that comes with a car like that. As well as the feeling of vomiting every time I was going to drive it anywhere. She did get A LOT of attention though. I got the Martti report on her and it is 1 of 41, then I called SAAC to find out more details and it turns out to be 1 of only 6 produced. Made it even harder to drive! I have it at a classic car dealer now up for sale to see if I can find her a good home. I have some of the photos from them and will upload a couple. And try to upload a short clip of my backing out of my garage. She is a beauty for sure and nothing sounds as good as all four barrels opening up on the highway!! The Shelby Registry has some great details on the car and knows every owner, which validates the old titles i have in the book. Even has most of the original build sheet and the old IBM card. Anyway, I have a couple of the professional photos from the dealer that really highlight the car well.

I will post more pics of my 09, kind of the before and after shots. Thanks for reaching out. I am excited about being in the forum with other enthusiasts! Take care

Cheers,
Layne

Attachments

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,212 Posts
Good evening Bob . I was going to change the air box to match up with the hood and just never did. It gets pretty good power with the steeda pulley and exhaust mods. I liked the hood originally to kind of go with the sound but after a few years, decided to go back to an all stock car. So the hood and pulley as well as complete exhaust will be oem . I was reading the build states from someone on another forum and in 2009 there were a total of 156 Alloy GT500s made and of those, only 7 were ordered stripe delete. So it seems my 09 is a fairly rare steed as well. Although not a sexy or classy as the 68. I guess time will tell...

The 68 I bought in 2015 from a broker and turned it back into a daily driver ( for shipping fees to specialized shops and return to home) . According to SAAC, I am the 6th owner since new and it spent life between Illinois and Florida. It was auctioned off once at Barrett Jackson and also at another auction up north oddly . It was restored in 2006 and saw mostly shows and auctions. I bought it because it is my dream car not realizing the responsibility that comes with a car like that. As well as the feeling of vomiting every time I was going to drive it anywhere. She did get A LOT of attention though. I got the Martti report on her and it is 1 of 41, then I called SAAC to find out more details and it turns out to be 1 of only 6 produced. Made it even harder to drive! I have it at a classic car dealer now up for sale to see if I can find her a good home. I have some of the photos from them and will upload a couple. And try to upload a short clip of my backing out of my garage. She is a beauty for sure and nothing sounds as good as all four barrels opening up on the highway!! The Shelby Registry has some great details on the car and knows every owner, which validates the old titles i have in the book. Even has most of the original build sheet and the old IBM card. Anyway, I have a couple of the professional photos from the dealer that really highlight the car well.

I will post more pics of my 09, kind of the before and after shots. Thanks for reaching out. I am excited about being in the forum with other enthusiasts! Take care

Cheers,
Layne
Fabulous!

A couple forum tips... click on your upper right avatar/account settings/signature to insert a signature with your first name. You can also put car mods in there if you’d like and a pic of your Shelbys. The other tip is to click on “Insert Full Images” after uploading them. They will then show full sized images in your posts vs. a clickable thumbnails.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,664 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice pair of GT500's.
Curious about your documentation on the 68.
You say you have a Marti report that states it's " 1 of 41 ", is that a
as Marti has several reports that provide different & varied stats.
And you contacted SAAC and they told you it was " 1 of 6 ", what documentation did SAAC provide to support their #'s ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the site, nice pair of GT500's.
Curious about your documentation on the 68.
You say you have a Marti report that states it's " 1 of 41 ", is that a
as Marti has several reports that provide different & varied stats.
And you contacted SAAC and they told you it was " 1 of 6 ", what documentation did SAAC provide to support their #'s ??
The Marti report was done by the individual that restored the car back in 2006. I have included the report, apparently it is a deluxe report. I spoke with Mr. Liska at the 68 Shelby Registry. The marti report covers the basics about the car and he informed me the car was actually 1 of 6 out of that 41 based on trim, color code and ordered with the selectaire. So, I guess he was with Shelby registry and not SAAC, my typo. I did not pay him for the report so I did not get it as I was traveling. Guess I should call him and get that paperwork. He was also going to send the IBM card but I already had one. I can email him for the documents if you are interested in seeing them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
The Marti report was done by the individual that restored the car back in 2006. I have included the report, apparently it is a deluxe report. I spoke with Mr. Liska at the 68 Shelby Registry. The marti report covers the basics about the car and he informed me the car was actually 1 of 6 out of that 41 based on trim, color code and ordered with the selectaire. So, I guess he was with Shelby registry and not SAAC, my typo. I did not pay him for the report so I did not get it as I was traveling. Guess I should call him and get that paperwork. He was also going to send the IBM card but I already had one. I can email him for the documents if you are interested in seeing them.
I had a Deluxe Report for my 2011, same as the pic you posted, did not answer the " how many were built like mine " question. The person you spoke to may have a listing, most likely provided by Marti, that showed " 1 of 6 ".
If you are interested, the ( PERSONALIZED STATISTICS REPORT ), is $ 60 + $ 7 shipping, & would document your car's " 1 of " status........................this is what the info looks like.............( pic is not of my car )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a Deluxe Report for my 2011, same as the pic you posted, did not answer the " how many were built like mine " question. The person you spoke to may have a listing, most likely provided by Marti, that showed " 1 of 6 ".
If you are interested, the ( PERSONALIZED STATISTICS REPORT ), is $ 60 + $ 7 shipping, & would document your car's " 1 of " status........................this is what the info looks like.............( pic is not of my car )
That would be freaking awesome to have as well. After our conversation, I reached out to Mr. Liska at the Shelby registry and ordered any additional paperwork he has for my car. Hopefully that is the paperwork that shows the number, if not, I will order the personalized report. Thanks for the info for sure. I would also like to have a personalized report done on my 09. I read, nothing confirmed of course, that in 09 there were only 156 Alloy Shelbys made and only 7 of those with stripe delete, which is what I have. Excited to find out if that’s true. It would be pretty cool to find out I own a 1 of 6 and 1 of 7 with a 51 year gap. :).

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
That would be freaking awesome to have as well. After our conversation, I reached out to Mr. Liska at the Shelby registry and ordered any additional paperwork he has for my car. Hopefully that is the paperwork that shows the number, if not, I will order the personalized report. Thanks for the info for sure. I would also like to have a personalized report done on my 09. I read, nothing confirmed of course, that in 09 there were only 156 Alloy Shelbys made and only 7 of those with stripe delete, which is what I have. Excited to find out if that’s true. It would be pretty cool to find out I own a 1 of 6 and 1 of 7 with a 51 year gap. :).
After having paperwork that was not " recognized " for my 2011, I bought my 1st Stat report.
The results were the same, " 1 of 2 ", but no one questions a Marti Report.
When they became available, I bought a Stat report for my 2014,..............." 1 of 1 ".
And as a joke, I bought a Stat report for my 2017 F150.
Out of over a million F-Series trucks produced in 2017, mine is " 1 of 1 ".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After having paperwork that was not " recognized " for my 2011, I bought my 1st Stat report.
The results were the same, " 1 of 2 ", but no one questions a Marti Report.
When they became available, I bought a Stat report for my 2014,..............." 1 of 1 ".
And as a joke, I bought a Stat report for my 2017 F150.
Out of over a million F-Series trucks produced in 2017, mine is " 1 of 1 ".
Yeah, that is weird. I think Shelby would be a little more on it. My 09 may not be the one of seven of course, but still have my 68 and not many people have those running around.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,212 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts