Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the slp loudmouth axle-back exhaust put on my 08 shelby gt500.....here is a video of it if anyone was interested in what they sound like.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
It sounds good and are you pleased with them. I was thinking of putting them on mine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i am very pleased with them......they have a very agressive sound, but arent too loud when your just cruising, but when you hit the throttle it sounds amazing

·
Registered
69 Posts
Totally agree "vert"... I originally had these after listening to a vid on youtube on my 05 GT... when I got the GT500 it was a 'nobrainer' to put these on it as well! LOVE 'em.
It may be a little too loud for some, but for me it's exactly what I look for in sound. And as you say, not too bad when cruising, but WOW at WOT!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just put the SLPs in my 2010 and I am very pleased! I think with the stock system they have a perfect balance of noise yet are not obnoxious.

As far as some people saying that there is a loss of low end torque, I have not noticed any change as far as power and response. My car is still very responsive and lights up the tires at the same rpm and same gears.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just put the SLPs in my 2010 and I am very pleased! I think with the stock system they have a perfect balance of noise yet are not obnoxious.

As far as some people saying that there is a loss of low end torque, I have not noticed any change as far as power and response. My car is still very responsive and lights up the tires at the same rpm and same gears.
I also love them. I was surprised that they weren't louder than they are. Love your Kona Blue, excellent color combo.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thank you! I am blown away at how perfect these pipes are. Only bad thing is that now I want to drive the car all the time.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I am in the process of uploading some videos to youtube, I will post links once they are done. I agree about the sound aggressive yet level out and are quiet at lower rpms. I do like my Ford Racing Sport exhaust but the SLP is a bit more aggressive which I like.

Now if someone would buy the FR sport exhaust I am selling I'd bet set!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes, it removes the mufflers. Here is a quick drive by (my car only has the SLP loudmouths, the rest of the system is stock)

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Next question.... No mufflers legal in Texas? I thought that would be required for inspection.
The loudmouths are 50 state emission legal (of course). I'm guessing Texas has plenty of trucks and cars with no mufflers, but I don't know the law!

IF you are concerned with having a muffler, you can always go with another type of axle back system which replaces the stock muffler with a louder muffler.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
As long as the system is cat back or axle back, you're good to go on emissions!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts