Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Well just installed the mirror covers today... I must say they look excellent. Paint match is 100%, 3m tape to install included with kit. The instructions are straight forward... however I did add some extra tape to areas that the company did not address luckly I had some of the exact same tape that they shipped with. Got them off Ebay for $ 70.00 plus $ 5.00 shipping. More goodies coming next week. Your probally getting tired of all these updates so I might hold off a while on pictures :)

Only a few more things to do appearance wise, than off to the horsepower arena. I might have to keep that a secret in case I end up beside you guys on a long straight road can't let out all my secrets :)

Updated Pictures at this address:

http://www.flairphoto.com/gt500.htm

Later All,
Bill

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Hello All,

Well just installed the mirror covers today... I must say they look excellent. Paint match is 100%, 3m tape to install included with kit. The instructions are straight forward... however I did add some extra tape to areas that the company did not address luckly I had some of the exact same tape that they shipped with. Got them off Ebay for $ 70.00 plus $ 5.00 shipping. More goodies coming next week. Your probally getting tired of all these updates so I might hold off a while on pictures :)

Only a few more things to do appearance wise, than off to the horsepower arena. I might have to keep that a secret in case I end up beside you guys on a long straight road can't let out all my secrets :)

Updated Pictures at this address:

http://www.flairphoto.com/gt500.htm

Later All,
Bill
Not at all, can't get enough. They really look great. Sounds like a easy install. I'll be looking for a set in Tungsten. I like the idea of 3M tape as not to compromise the back to pure stock concept. Looking forward to future photos.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I 100% agree having the mirror all painted, did it with photoshop and it looks great.. only problem is with the car being so new I hated the idea of having the door panels taken off having a clip break or a wire get pinched etc.. So I took the easy way out... however once I have it for a year or so and the new car feeling wears off a little I will have them painted and sell the covers.
But it looks better than all black :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Whats the best way to break in 500 HP?

I'm looking for ideas on the best way to break in this beast.:)
I would assume everyone has a different opinion so let's hear it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I 100% agree having the mirror all painted, did it with photoshop and it looks great.. only problem is with the car being so new I hated the idea of having the door panels taken off having a clip break or a wire get pinched etc.. So I took the easy way out... however once I have it for a year or so and the new car feeling wears off a little I will have them painted and sell the covers.
100% Agree brother!! Awesome looking car though!!!:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very cool. THAT will look great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice car... Can you post the link for your exhaust?

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no sound clips for exhaust as of yet.. however I will tell you that this exhaust is not quiet. When you go down the road if someone is standing on the side of the road they will look and say Dammmm..listen to that. :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Re: Whats the best way to break in 500 HP?

I'm looking for ideas on the best way to break in this beast.:)
I would assume everyone has a different opinion so let's hear it.
Please speak english..........

Right off the trailer 100mph with 6000rpm shifts. 300miles on the car Instaled the Evolution Stage II. That I how you break this beast in!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Here's how I broke mine in. I think I am going to paint the plastic around the window.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see the rear differential cover is silver and I have seen a few more that are silver. Mine is black. What is up with that? Are you guys painting it, or installing a chrome one or what? I just got finished painting the entire rear axle as I cannot stand the thought of rust from it being unpainted from the factory.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I see the rear differential cover is silver and I have seen a few more that are silver. Mine is black. What is up with that? Are you guys painting it, or installing a chrome one or what? I just got finished painting the entire rear axle as I cannot stand the thought of rust from it being unpainted from the factory.

Thanks,
Tom

The earlier Shelbys had a different cover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts