Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped by the body shop today and found out my louvers are done. So I brought them home getting ready for the beast to arrive which should be this week if the dealer has the correct intel.

No matter what I have a small parts bin of stuff to put on the shelby. I have a couple of chrome pieces to put on like 07 Shelby does and a few more things getting painted etc, etc, I will post up once I have the car. Watch out when I start getting a hold of performance parts :) :)

Anyhow here they are, got them from California Mustang forget the price I bought them in Feb 06. They come black ready to paint. Well so they say but the body shop sanded 4 coats with flex agent in the paint, cleared, baked, wet sanded and cleared again. Needless to say it looks excellent. Looking forward to the other work he is doing for me.

Later All,
Busababy

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just stopped by the body shop today and found out my louvers are done. So I brought them home getting ready for the beast to arrive which should be this week if the dealer has the correct intel.

No matter what I have a small parts bin of stuff to put on the shelby. I have a couple of chrome pieces to put on like 07 Shelby does and a few more things getting painted etc, etc, I will post up once I have the car. Watch out when I start getting a hold of performance parts :) :)

Anyhow here they are, got them from California Mustang forget the price I bought them in Feb 06. They come black ready to paint. Well so they say but the body shop sanded 4 coats with flex agent in the paint, cleared, baked, wet sanded and cleared again. Needless to say it looks excellent. Looking forward to the other work he is doing for me.

Later All,
Busababy

Those louvers are a must for me. Curious how they are attached. Do you have to drill holes?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Those look great, I didnt even think about louvers till I saw these. Funny I just took the louvers out of my sons 65 gt a code and put in the plexie glass. That was not easy as the holes were not the same size

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3M double sided tape beleive it not. Same type of tape that is used to keep rubber molding on outside door panels etc. Company claims they have had cars deep in the triple digits and never had one come off.

The louvers have a grove for the tape which it comes with, clean the glass. Heat the glass with a heat gun or hair dryer..get it warm than with 2 people align and press on... and you only get one try because once it sticks if you try and pull it off the tape is shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts