Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked out a deal and brought it home tonight. Vista Blue vert...I am SOOOO pumped. I will now have to part with my beloved '03 vert, but wow...what a car this will be. I am thinking I want to order the coupe stripes and add them (I know this is a very controversial topic) but has anyone seen this done? Also, since I didn't order this one...any way to get the build info or is it wait until SVT sends out the certificate at the end of production?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Worked out a deal and brought it home tonight. Vista Blue vert...I am SOOOO pumped. I will now have to part with my beloved '03 vert, but wow...what a car this will be. I am thinking I want to order the coupe stripes and add them (I know this is a very controversial topic) but has anyone seen this done? Also, since I didn't order this one...any way to get the build info or is it wait until SVT sends out the certificate at the end of production?

Thanks guys!
Good for you .....have fun ....congrats

3 weeks to go:)

·
Registered
135 Posts

Thanks guys!
Grats.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

Thanks guys!
Congrats TXCobra. I have not seen the stripe kit installation process but understand it is not an easy application. 07 mentioned that Ford has purchased a special machine to install the stripes and improve on quality control. You may be better having them painted on. I would definitely research the paint option.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Congrats TXCobra. I have not seen the stripe kit installation process but understand it is not an easy application. 07 mentioned that Ford has purchased a special machine to install the stripes and improve on quality control. You may be better having them painted on. I would definitely research the paint option.

Paint them. The vinyl sucks and it's a bitch to install.

bj

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh...I was afraid you guys would say that. I didn't want to paint it in case I wanted to remove the vinyl to be able to return it to the way it came from the factory...but I guess I may not be able to remove them without paint damage or discoloration anyway.

Maybe I will just convince myself that I dont need stripes....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yee ha! I'm glad for you. I'll stand on the PAINT side. Those ol' vinyl ones will never come off without a fight anyway.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK...sounds like paint is the only way to go...or just leave it unstriped!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Relax. You are just excited about your new baby. Vinal or paint stripes are not going anywhere. You have plenty of time to decide. Congratulations.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Relax. You are just excited about your new baby. Vinal or paint stripes are not going anywhere. You have plenty of time to decide. Congratulations.
Fair statement.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My stripes from the factory are flawless. If I had to put them on after the fact I would paint but I have no problem with the vinyl

·
Registered
127 Posts
Car cover was just delivered........from Cal Custom.......they did a nice job....Big Black Cobra on the front

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Car cover was just delivered........from Cal Custom.......they did a nice job....Big Black Cobra on the front
Congrats limpopo. Was it worth the wait?:D Actually know the answer, I have had mine since August, actually before I got the car. Great cover and they do a nice job with lettering and logo! Stitched on and not a silk screening process or the like.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats limpopo. Was it worth the wait?:D Actually know the answer, I have had mine since August, actually before I got the car. Great cover and they do a nice job with lettering and logo! Stitched on and not a silk screening process or the like.
Yes ....and really not much wait at all...ordered it on 21 Nov.

Now I have a cover, visor signed by Mr Shelby, louvers, floor mats , wax kit....only 1 thing missing........but it's due on the 23rd. I feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Yes ....and really not much wait at all...ordered it on 21 Nov.

Now I have a cover, visor signed by Mr Shelby, louvers, floor mats , wax kit....only 1 thing missing........but it's due on the 23rd. I feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas.
You are not alone. Know quite a few members who were and some still are in the same boat. You are fortunate that you have an eta. Merry Christmas limpopo. Almost as good as a Red Rider.:D :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK Guys, got the cars out and cleaned 'em up...thought I would throw up a few pics finally: :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Very nice collection.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks 07, wish I could keep all 3 but one of them has to go. looks like the '03 will be it. I wish I could have 30 stangs, but I feel blessed to have what I do.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks 07, wish I could keep all 3 but one of them has to go. looks like the '03 will be it. I wish I could have 30 stangs, but I feel blessed to have what I do.

You are blessed.I used to have a 1969 MachI but gave it up to get married.That was in 1980 and am still married to the same woman.Now I have a new Shelby and she is great about it,especially when the packages arrive by UPS or FEDEX.She did ask me "does it ever stop" why no I said.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts