Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called State Farm today to make a change on my policy and ask about the Shelby, she had it in the computer system already and looks like not the first to ask about it in my area... anyhow I was told $ 489.00 every 6 months that includes multi car discount (have a 03 focus) and my Motorcycle so I guess that is not real bad for this area. Since I don't have a VIN to give I just gave her the cost of the car and the options I picked and it was based on that. I have only asked once for the VIN and that was weeks after ordering which he did not have than and I have not asked since.... wanted it to be a surprise vs getting a date than getting my hopes up and something change.. But come JULY 1st I am going to push him for the VIN and let 07 Shelby do his magic :)

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I gave the dealer a deposit in January 05 (yes Jan 05) before it was even being called a Shelby he thought it would just be a cobra version of the new body style mustang. That secured my deal for being first in line (noboby put money down in Jan 05) before me at this dealership. Than the very first day that Ford released the options he was on the phone with me and I was in his office a few hours later picking my options:
Torch Rd ClearCoat = D3
Interior Color = GR
Tape Stripe Legend = (4) Performance White
Optional (918) Shaker 1000
Premium Interior Trim (68S)

He told me some weeks back that July would probally be the time it would come in, he has a contact at auto alliance much like we do (07 Shelby) so everything we hear has been backed up from his source as well.

I leave for vaction in 2 weeks and I am going to push for the VIN number before I leave. He claims he has been told he will get 3 which have been presold, it is a very big dealership they have sold 3 or 4 GT40's and of course they are a SVT dealer so he expects that his dealership should be high on the mark for getting one when they finally start shipping. The only thing that might slow me up a few days is before I take it I have ask for a price to have them take out the airplane gears 3.31 and put in 3.73 at the dealership that way he said he would still honor the warranty vs me getting it done somewhere else. I can get it done at a local speed shop for under $ 500.00 but the dealership of course wants more labor and more markup on the gears. So that is something I am trying to figure out which way to go. If I am on vacation and he calls I will probally have him do it since I will be 14 hours away, but if I am home and he calls might be hard to have it sit for another couple days before picking it up... if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow! I'm Surprised State Farm Will Even Insure This Car. I Had Them In 1986 And Had To Seek Another Insurance Company When I Bought A Corvette (temporary Brain Fart). They Would Not Insure Me, So I Had To Switch To Allstate. They Are Great With Classic And Late Model Cars. (just A Tip)
Ps- I Sold The Vette And Returned To Mustangs After Getting Spanked By A Gt One Week After Buying The Car. That Was A Well Deserved Spanking And I Learned. It Was The Closest I Have Been To Being In Prision As I Spent Countless Hours Bent Over That Fiberglass Front Fender Trying To Keep It Running.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
busababy said:
I called State Farm today to make a change on my policy and ask about the Shelby, she had it in the computer system already and looks like not the first to ask about it in my area... anyhow I was told $ 489.00 every 6 months that includes multi car discount (have a 03 focus) and my Motorcycle so I guess that is not real bad for this area. Since I don't have a VIN to give I just gave her the cost of the car and the options I picked and it was based on that. I have only asked once for the VIN and that was weeks after ordering which he did not have than and I have not asked since.... wanted it to be a surprise vs getting a date than getting my hopes up and something change.. But come JULY 1st I am going to push him for the VIN and let 07 Shelby do his magic :)
My Allstate girl couldn't quote an exact rate without a VIN, but her estimate was around the same amount (including multi-car and homeowners discounts). Seems like insurance may not be as bad as I expected.

Plus, she did some research and was able to lower our rates on our other cars, so the net impact of the Shelby will be even less. Excellent.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
rpretzel said:
My Allstate girl couldn't quote an exact rate without a VIN, but her estimate was around the same amount (including multi-car and homeowners discounts). Seems like insurance may not be as bad as I expected.

Plus, she did some research and was able to lower our rates on our other cars, so the net impact of the Shelby will be even less. Excellent.

Great now all we need is a car!

·
Registered
888 Posts
State farm told me $650/6 months today! Many SC drivers like to drive without licenses and insurance and the rest of us have to pay the price!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
oldimp said:
State farm told me $650/6 months today! Many SC drivers like to drive without licenses and insurance and the rest of us have to pay the price!
I work with people like that.What a shame.Slugs that's what they are.

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
busababy said:
Just got a revised quote. $388/6 mo with State Farm. $500 ded comp and coll. Less than 7500 mi/yr. About the same as my 'Vette was. Keep in mind, I'm an old fart with a good record.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:
Just got a revised quote. $388/6 mo with State Farm. $500 ded comp and coll. Less than 7500 mi/yr. About the same as my 'Vette was. Keep in mind, I'm an old fart with a good record.

bj

Wow now there are 2 old farts I know on this forum.

·
Registered
888 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Wow now there are 2 old farts I know on this forum.
Who is the other one?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
oldimp said:
Who is the other one?

That would be you Smitty.Any news on the car yet?What day are you going to get it?How come it isn't here yet?Gets annoying after awhile doesn't it?Think of the questions I get asked every day.Think of the PM's I get.I am truely happy for you guys but remember nobody has their car yet(or their VIN)in my case.It will come.After you get your cars then what do you say?Hey "07" when are you going to get your car?How come it took so long?What color did you get?Love you guys.................

·
Premium Member
11,039 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
That would be you Smitty.Any news on the car yet?What day are you going to get it?How come it isn't here yet?Gets annoying after awhile doesn't it?Think of the questions I get asked every day.Think of the PM's I get.I am truely happy for you guys but remember nobody has their car yet(or their VIN)in my case.It will come.After you get your cars then what do you say?Hey "07" when are you going to get your car?How come it took so long?What color did you get?Love you guys.................
Wow, Smitty's old, too? :cool:

You kids better learn some respect, right Dad (Smitty)?

In the unlikely event that my car really does show up on the 12th (my BD), I'm going to be acting like a 16 year old instead of "old fart". The great thing is, I already have a babe for the front passenger seat. I got WAAAY lucky in that dept. The standing joke is "wait til she gets her eyesight back and sees what she's done!"

I'll be in rural KY (where my dealer is) in a hot car with a hot blonde. I'll probably have rednecks following me around in rusted out F-100s. I'll be OK though....I grew up in that "neck" so I can speak "red" with the best of 'em.

bj

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:
Easy there ya little whippersnapper or we won't let you use our AARP discounts.

bj

Ok, sorry I get a little carried away sometimes.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My insurance agent called today from Farmers Insurance $450/6 months,$60 for the other 6 months garage kept.Not to bad for not such an old fart.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I just got a quote with a local my local insurance company and it is going to be $849.68 for 6 months. This is the premium with only this car on my insurance, and I am only 25 years old. No tickets, etc, qualified for their lowest rate, this is somehow actually $11 a month lower than what I used to pay for a 1998 v6 mustang, but I wasnt 25 at the time. Just thought I would let people know what I found, good luck. now all i need is my car.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
We have another one folks!Cornfay wecome to the "I WANT MY CAR NOW CLUB".Boy this club gets bigger everyday.I want you to get your car too.Good luck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
are you lookin for a secretary for that club, if so im in, i have a long time to wait i havent even got a vin yet, my dealer who i am #1 on is non pres, and non svt, they have done all the nec. requirements but thats aboot (for the canadians) it. Thanks for the luck Shelby, saw saw somewhere your day is becoming near, good luck with that, cant wait for the pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts