Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here, a couple weeks ago I got a 2007 GT500 completely stock , 7,000 miles on it and great condition, it’s my dream car and I decided to just send it and get it. I really love supercharger whine but this stock isn’t doing much! Last night I installed a JLT Big Cold Air Intake and loaded a custom BAMA tune onto the car that BAMA sent me, after the install I can definitely hear a faint whine when getting on it past 50MPH or so , the thing is, I want to be able to hear a loud whine even when just revving while parked, I wanna be able to hear a loud whine when driving not having to push it hard in order to hear it , i know I can have my stock blower Ported, or get smaller upper pulley and all that it requires for it, but would I be better off just slapping a Whipple on it? And if I did , would I have to upgrade much more so it could handle the whipple? I know this is long but any help is very appreciated!! I need that whine!!

Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,091 Posts
New member here, a couple weeks ago I got a 2007 GT500 completely stock , 7,000 miles on it and great condition, it’s my dream car and I decided to just send it and get it. I really love supercharger whine but this stock isn’t doing much! Last night I installed a JLT Big Cold Air Intake and loaded a custom BAMA tune onto the car that BAMA sent me, after the install I can definitely hear a faint whine when getting on it past 50MPH or so , the thing is, I want to be able to hear a loud whine even when just revving while parked, I wanna be able to hear a loud whine when driving not having to push it hard in order to hear it , i know I can have my stock blower Ported, or get smaller upper pulley and all that it requires for it, but would I be better off just slapping a Whipple on it? And if I did , would I have to upgrade much more so it could handle the whipple? I know this is long but any help is very appreciated!! I need that whine!!

View attachment 225374
View attachment 225373
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the gorgeous 07 score! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us more of your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

Regarding the whine, first off, ditch the BAMA tune! We have seen many members here through the years with BAMA tunes and they always seem to have problems. BAMA does a great job tuning the Mustang GTs, but not so much with the Shelbys.

A small pulley and associated supporting mods/tune will definitely make it sing more. A Whipple or KB is “next level” though. I have a 2.9 Whipple and it screams like a tornado siren!

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I had no idea about people having issues with Shelby BAMA tunes but I guess now I know! I’d really rather keep the stock Eaton and have it ported and/or the smaller pulley mod, my thing is I want it to scream too without much effort haha I’m not gonna be driving it hard and fast so I want to be able to make it whine without A TON of effort if that makes sense? It has the BAMA tune loaded on the car right now , I daily drive it , what should I do get a tune elsewhere? All I have now is the JLT Big cold air intake on it! Thanks

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,236 Posts
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the 07.
You could try removing the hood blanket to increase whine, costs nothing.
Not sure where you're located, maybe check the net for local tuners, & get rid of the Bama tune.

·
Registered
2007 Shelby GT500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheapest route for more whine is going to be an upper pulley. More boost=more whine!
Okay so the general agreement is screw BAMA when it comes to Shelby’s… got it. I wanna do the upper pulley upgrade , I’m going to get a tune from VMP or another reputable one but this BAMA tune is only for the cold air intake I have on there , that would be good enough for now wouldnt it? Cause I’d want to get the pulley and get a tune for it to take into account that mod too , if I get a tune now for just the CAI then I’d have to get another real soon after once the pulley Is installed ….. do you guys think I’d be fine with this BAMA tune for a month or two? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
998 Posts
Sweet looking car.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
3,945 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

As mentioned, new upper pulley and tune from VMP or Venomous Tuning. But, you need to swap out the oem crank damper to a stock 2008 first. The 2008 weighs about half of the 2007. I saw one for sale on one of FB GT500 pages.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
461 Posts
Can't you just get an intake without the resonator?

·
Registered
2013 GT500
37 Posts
Vmp is spot on with their tunes. For more whine you need a pulley swap for sure and to open up the intake side. Look into a vmp 67mm throttle body, vmp high flow elbow as well, those will make a noticeable difference too

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes BAMA is utter trash I wouldn’t let them tune a rental car. And like others have said, upper pulley and aux idler is the key. I’m selling my pulley set following a KB blower upgrade. PM if interested.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,091 Posts
I’m interested! Can’t figure out how to PM you lol
Now that you have 5 posts, you can pm people. Click their name and either “start conversation” or “message” depending on your device.

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,423 Posts
Looks like I’ll be getting smaller upper pulley and VMP tune for it! Thanks guys
2.5" upper and change the lower to a stock 08/12 lower. There is a TSB from Ford on its replacement. Change that lower before you do the upper or the crank snout may break off. There is a clutch TSB also. The 2.5 upper will make it whine like you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's something I found that may satisfy your need for increased whine for just crack over a Hundred dollar bill:

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,482 Posts
Here's something I found that may satisfy your need for increased whine for just crack over a Hundred dollar bill:

Some people will claim these are cheesy, but they legitimately work and will make your GT500 scream like a terminator. They just help route a bit more of the natural noise from the engine into your cabin and I'll take that all day over fake audio piped in from speakers like many of the modern cars.

Reactions: Goose17
1 - 20 of 23 Posts