Congrats, that is a great color. Lots of good info on this site.hey guys i just bought a 09 gt500 torch red with black stripes and im dont really know anything about this car or its motor i traded in my modded 335i for it so if anyones got any info on it or any tips or sumthing please share Thanks
its a coupe so about 500-600 miles intill i can start gettiting on it an see what its really got its also my first stick car so im still learning how to drive stickbe easy on the eng for the first 500 miles for proper engine break in.enjoy the car its an awsome car.congrats enjoy in good health,is it a coupe or a vert
+1 What he said. Well put Bandit.:cowsmile:1) "Break-in" is a myth. Today's performance cars are engineered to run out of the gate. The engine is run and tested at the factory, and you are running synthetic oil, don't worry. Just be sure to get your 1st oil change at 1,000 miles, do not wait for the standard 3000 miles. Drive it like you stole it.
2) They say it takes 500 miles for the car to wake up, I felt no appreciable difference in mine, and it was delivered with 4 miles on the clock.
3) TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Fancy name for "factory screwed something up, manufacturer realized it, told their dealers to fix it... under warranty".
4) Do a search for "Tranny TSB" and you will find volumes of information.
5) Welcome to the club, but be careful... these things CAN get away from you. Especially on uneven pavement, they will bounce and "put yer ass in the wall" in a hurry.
6) Hit evoperform.com or lethalperformance.com for your go-fast goodies. You might think your car is quick now... a Stage 2 for $1150 will truly wake the car up and make you realize that before you had it done... you didn't know SQUAT about how quick it really is
Wow! 16 years old and already traded a modded 335i for a GT500, yet you have not done any research on these cars? Interesting!hey guys i just bought a 09 gt500 torch red with black stripes and im dont really know anything about this car or its motor i traded in my modded 335i for it so if anyones got any info on it or any tips or sumthing please share Thanks
I agree, be carefull!!! this is SOOOO not a 16yo drivers car!!!! IMO, take it very easy, and welcome!Wow! 16 years old and already traded a modded 335i for a GT500, yet you have not done any research on these cars? Interesting!
There is plenty of information at your fingertips on this (and many other) forum with just time to invest in searching and reading the various posts.
By the way, congratulations on your new car!