Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought a 09 gt500 torch red with black stripes and im dont really know anything about this car or its motor i traded in my modded 335i for it so if anyones got any info on it or any tips or sumthing please share Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
be easy on the eng for the first 500 miles for proper engine break in.enjoy the car its an awsome car.congrats enjoy in good health,is it a coupe or a vert

·
Registered
411 Posts
hey guys i just bought a 09 gt500 torch red with black stripes and im dont really know anything about this car or its motor i traded in my modded 335i for it so if anyones got any info on it or any tips or sumthing please share Thanks
Congrats, that is a great color. Lots of good info on this site.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
do a good break in. take time and read the many threads here on the car. There is a wealth of info you can learn from, especially if/when you decide to start modding. teamshelby forum is another good source of info. any questions you may have, do a search and you'll most likely find a thread that deals with it...enjoy her...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
be easy on the eng for the first 500 miles for proper engine break in.enjoy the car its an awsome car.congrats enjoy in good health,is it a coupe or a vert
its a coupe so about 500-600 miles intill i can start gettiting on it an see what its really got its also my first stick car so im still learning how to drive stick

·
Registered
867 Posts
its a coupe so about 500-600 miles intill i can start gettiting on it an see what its really got its also my first stick car so im still learning how to drive stick
Ouch, this is a hell of a car to learn stick on. TSB anyone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree it will be tough to learn on, although my first stick was a 409 Chevrolet 425 HP 2x4 carbs and 4:11 posi. Didn't take long.
Good Luck and Good Driving,
fordcobra:rofl:

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good luck learning on this baby!:rofl:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is a noob question but whats the deal with the clutch an the trannys an what does tsb mean??

·
Registered
165 Posts
1) "Break-in" is a myth. Today's performance cars are engineered to run out of the gate. The engine is run and tested at the factory, and you are running synthetic oil, don't worry. Just be sure to get your 1st oil change at 1,000 miles, do not wait for the standard 3000 miles. Drive it like you stole it.

2) They say it takes 500 miles for the car to wake up, I felt no appreciable difference in mine, and it was delivered with 4 miles on the clock.

3) TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Fancy name for "factory screwed something up, manufacturer realized it, told their dealers to fix it... under warranty".

4) Do a search for "Tranny TSB" and you will find volumes of information.

5) Welcome to the club, but be careful... these things CAN get away from you. Especially on uneven pavement, they will bounce and "put yer ass in the wall" in a hurry.

6) Hit evoperform.com or lethalperformance.com for your go-fast goodies. You might think your car is quick now... a Stage 2 for $1150 will truly wake the car up and make you realize that before you had it done... you didn't know SQUAT about how quick it really is :D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
1) "Break-in" is a myth. Today's performance cars are engineered to run out of the gate. The engine is run and tested at the factory, and you are running synthetic oil, don't worry. Just be sure to get your 1st oil change at 1,000 miles, do not wait for the standard 3000 miles. Drive it like you stole it.

2) They say it takes 500 miles for the car to wake up, I felt no appreciable difference in mine, and it was delivered with 4 miles on the clock.

3) TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. Fancy name for "factory screwed something up, manufacturer realized it, told their dealers to fix it... under warranty".

4) Do a search for "Tranny TSB" and you will find volumes of information.

5) Welcome to the club, but be careful... these things CAN get away from you. Especially on uneven pavement, they will bounce and "put yer ass in the wall" in a hurry.

6) Hit evoperform.com or lethalperformance.com for your go-fast goodies. You might think your car is quick now... a Stage 2 for $1150 will truly wake the car up and make you realize that before you had it done... you didn't know SQUAT about how quick it really is :D
+1 What he said. Well put Bandit.:cowsmile:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Wow! 16 years old and already traded a modded 335i for a GT500, yet you have not done any research on these cars? Interesting!

There is plenty of information at your fingertips on this (and many other) forum with just time to invest in searching and reading the various posts.

By the way, congratulations on your new car!

Arbour88

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wow! 16 years old and already traded a modded 335i for a GT500, yet you have not done any research on these cars? Interesting!

There is plenty of information at your fingertips on this (and many other) forum with just time to invest in searching and reading the various posts.

By the way, congratulations on your new car!

Arbour88
I agree, be carefull!!! this is SOOOO not a 16yo drivers car!!!! IMO, take it very easy, and welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts