Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been a member of this site for almost 2 years now looking for a gt500. Well today was the day.. I found the one I have been looking for.. 2007 grabber orange with silver stripes with the shaker 1000!!! 1200 miles on it. i have to drive 800 miles this weekend to pick it up, but well worth the wait. I just wanted to say hello as a true member of this club!!

quick question for those who have been owners for awhile .. any advice on how to track the history of the car. order date, build date, # off the line ect..??

thank you bery much!

Matt

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
you can call ford and give them the last 6 digits of the vin (or have the dealer do it, since your driving 800 miles). they'll be able to give you the build data. And while at the dealership, tell them you want a copy of the cars oasis report. That documents everything that has been done to the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
welcome to the grown ups table. I've had mine for 2 weeks and due to the weather, have only been able to look at it in the garage. Enjoy the ride home!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, and I thought *I* had been looking for a long time! lol Congratulations on the purchase, you're going to love it. I got mine Saturday and I'm loving it. What they say about men and boys and the price of their toys is so true. :rofl:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on the find, if you are like most of us you will enjoy your new ride enormously. I may not have waited as long, becuase it was just a pipe dream for me for a long time. Then one day I realized I could afford one...barely...but barely counts :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the car home!!!! Drove the 800 miles from savanah georgia to philly over night lastnight.. wasnt the best was to get a feel for the car doing 65mph, on cruise control, but wow.. Love it.. I had an 03 mach1 and thought that was fun.. looks like a pos next to the gt500..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts