Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 shelby gt500, 2001 bmw z3 3.0i, 1976 mgb anniversary edition roadster,2013 challenger R/T class
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone !! Im new to the forum i just bought a 2008 gt500!! I wanted to introduce myself. I been reading alot of posts on here and they have been very helpful, for that i thank everyone for there advise. I have a question !! Im thinking about buying a 3.2L kenne bell mammoth for the car. Is this the way to go? Or whipple? Ive never had a supercharger before so im on the fence about kenne bell or whipple. Any help would be appreciated also i was hoping to hear of good shop in the Pittsburgh area. Thank you for all your help!!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
HI everyone !! Im new to the forum i just bought a 2008 gt500!! I wanted to introduce myself. I been reading alot of posts on here and they have been very helpful, for that i thank everyone for there advise. I have a question !! Im thinking about buying a 3.2L kenne bell mammoth for the car. Is this the way to go? Or whipple? Ive never had a supercharger before so im on the fence about kenne bell or whipple. Any help would be appreciated also i was hoping to hear of good shop in the Pittsburgh area. Thank you for all your help!! View attachment 247723
Welcome aboard the forum, thanks for introducing your self and showing us your Shelby! The members here love pictures so keep those rolling. Great looking Snake!

Please click your upper right avatar/account settings/vehicle details and enter your car year. It then shows under your screen name, which helps in conversations here. We cover multiple years of the GT500 on this forum. (Remember to click Save)

Also, we encourage everyone to put their first name in their signature to make this place more friendly (click your upper right avatar to get there)(You’ll need to save this as well) Let us know if you have any forum questions

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
44,112 Posts
HI everyone !! Im new to the forum i just bought a 2008 gt500!! I wanted to introduce myself. I been reading alot of posts on here and they have been very helpful, for that i thank everyone for there advise. I have a question !! Im thinking about buying a 3.2L kenne bell mammoth for the car. Is this the way to go? Or whipple? Ive never had a supercharger before so im on the fence about kenne bell or whipple. Any help would be appreciated also i was hoping to hear of good shop in the Pittsburgh area. Thank you for all your help!! View attachment 247723
Welcome and congrats on the Shelby score!

My advice would be to drive the car as is for a stint… get used to boosted life. Once you’ve tamed the stock beast, then add power. KB 3.2 is a fantastic blower! A buddy of mine had it on his 2012 and loved it. He later sold the car. It hauled ass though.

·
Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
144 Posts
I have a 2.8 KB on mine with a 3” pulley. I like it, Whipple are good too can’t go wrong with either. I go with the best deal.

·
Registered
2007 Black with Tungsten Gray Stripes, 2.8 KB, 3” pulley too many mods too list.
144 Posts
How much rwhp are you getting?
I’m getting around 700 whp. I don’t know for sure if I’m maxed out on hp with stock internals. Welcome to the site, you have nice clean car

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
Wow, nice 500, Love black Muscle Cars. Congrats on your New Mistress, Enjoy her, and welcome to this fabulous forum (y)

·
Registered
2008 shelby gt500, 2001 bmw z3 3.0i, 1976 mgb anniversary edition roadster,2013 challenger R/T class
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the 08.
I was introduced to Whipple, ( 2.9 ) on my 2011, via an FRPP kit.

When it came time to upgrade my 14, I went back to Whipple again..( 3.4 )
Very nice !!!
Congratulations on the new ride Devin. That's one clean '08. Looks like it was well maintained. Welcome to the forum.
Yes its only got 22k on it and i havent found a thing wrong with it!! Im in love i had a 5.0 before but this is my first gt500 and im impressed!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
Very nice !!!

Yes its only got 22k on it and i havent found a thing wrong with it!! Im in love i had a 5.0 before but this is my first gt500 and im impressed!!!
The 5.0 doesn’t hang in the same zip code as the GT500. These cars are on another level. Enjoy your car and drive like hell 😂

1 - 13 of 13 Posts