Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays all! Can anyone tell me more about Job 2? Do we know what changed and when? 07, I am sure you have details on this! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays all! Can anyone tell me more about Job 2? Do we know what changed and when? 07, I am sure you have details on this! Thanks!
Well Merry Christmas.Right now we are building the 2007 1/2 with changes being dvd nav/shaker500 system.I think if anything it will be minor.I don't know of any changes yet.2008 starts July of 2007.

Sorry I said 2008 it is 2007.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had heard that there was a Job 2 that did something to address a wheel hop problem with these cars. I have not experienced wheel hop on my car at all (Although I haven't hit mine very hard yet, but I also thought the live axle addressed that for the most part) Some guys with early cars are saying theirs hop like crazy...Maybe they all do. I was hoping that no wheel hop was the other plus side to losing the IRS.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Well Merry Christmas.Right now we are building the 2007 1/2 with changes being dvd nav/shaker500 system.I think if anything it will be minor.I don't know of any changes yet.2008 starts July of 2007.

Sorry I said 2008 it is 2007.
So, I take it the rumored suspension upgrade isn't happpening? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
So, I take it the rumored suspension upgrade isn't happpening? :confused:
Rpretzel welcome back.Not that I am aware of,but I will find out.

·
Registered
938 Posts
As far as wheel hop I experience it quite a bit on my car. Do not care for it to much.:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the opportunity to talk to Ralph at Alliance and he assured me the only change for Job 2 was the Nav system. So all these rumors of mid-year changes are false. Ralph is a really nice guy and full of accurate info about these cars. I did not ask him about all the brouhaha of discontinuing GT500's after 07 as my conversation was prior to the Lone Star mess. As far as wheel hop, does anyone have experience as to which is easier to change: the upper control arm or the lowers? Steeda acts like changing either one takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had the opportunity to talk to Ralph at Alliance and he assured me the only change for Job 2 was the Nav system. So all these rumors of mid-year changes are false. Ralph is a really nice guy and full of accurate info about these cars. I did not ask him about all the brouhaha of discontinuing GT500's after 07 as my conversation was prior to the Lone Star mess. As far as wheel hop, does anyone have experience as to which is easier to change: the upper control arm or the lowers? Steeda acts like changing either one takes care of the problem.
Per Jay O' There is going to be a damper change starting with Job 2 Shelby's
along with the Touch Screen DVD Nav unit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts