Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...so most of us have come to realize that JOB 1 for the GT500 is on schedule to occur on June 5th...Will someone "in the know" please explain what exactly occurs @ JOB 1...How does it relate to the future production of a FORD vehicle? Thanks in advance.

ShelbyWise:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
OK...so most of us have come to realize that JOB 1 for the GT500 is on schedule to occur on June 5th...Will someone "in the know" please explain what exactly occurs @ JOB 1...How does it relate to the future production of a FORD vehicle? Thanks in advance.

ShelbyWise:confused:

Don't be confused.Most people here probably don't know what Job 1 is.The simple answer is"The official 1st car to be produced for the public".The long answer would be "The official 1st car to be produced for the public with dignitaries".We have had the governor,mayors, state representatives etc. etc......This time the featured guest among others is Carroll Shelby to present the 1st car to whoever it was that bid $650,000 for the 1st car being built,:D at the Barrett Jackson auction.Sometimes they pass out hats,jackets,lapel pins of cars that flash lights,t-shirts etc etc............

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
07 SHELBY...Thanks again for ALL of your info...I have been seeing the JOB1 thing on most of the GT500 sites I frequent, but until now all I could do was speculate as to what goes on. Do you know if Ford will allow a customer to view their car being built? My late uncle watched his 67 Camaro built and then drove it from the factory to Indianapolis to watch the 500...and then back home to CA...I don't know if I need to do all that, but watching it go together would be something to remember. Thanks again...

ShelbyWise =)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yes it is possible.Start asking in advance.I don't think they will let you drive it home though.It has to be delivered to your dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
07 SHELBY...Thanks again for ALL of your info...I have been seeing the JOB1 thing on most of the GT500 sites I frequent, but until now all I could do was speculate as to what goes on. Do you know if Ford will allow a customer to view their car being built? My late uncle watched his 67 Camaro built and then drove it from the factory to Indianapolis to watch the 500...and then back home to CA...I don't know if I need to do all that, but watching it go together would be something to remember. Thanks again...

ShelbyWise =)
Shelbywise PM me if you are still interested in watching your car being built.I think I can help you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wanted to attach the file but apparently pps files are not valid attachments?!?

Anyway copy the link and once there, scroll down:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?categoryid=24&p13_sectionid=12

It's apparently a Ford Power Point Presentation on Job 1 and it includes the 07 Mustang and GT500. Some of the slides are messed up. If you don't have Microsoft Office or Powerpoint, I think you can download the Powerpoint viewer for free. Just google it.

PS 1: some of the upgrades to the new mustang are annoying:mad: such as the new Pony Package spoiler (similiar to GT500), the stitched dash brow (like the GT500), the available charcoal dash (like the GT500) and the availability of the Alloy paint color. Oh well, what can you do.

PS 2: be sure to read the "Customer Relations" slide in the GT500 presentation. Kind of humorous ref MSRP:D

98Snake

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
98Snake said:
I wanted to attach the file but apparently pps files are not valid attachments?!?

Anyway copy the link and once there, scroll down:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?categoryid=24&p13_sectionid=12

It's apparently a Ford Power Point Presentation on Job 1 and it includes the 07 Mustang and GT500. Some of the slides are messed up. If you don't have Microsoft Office or Powerpoint, I think you can download the Powerpoint viewer for free. Just google it.

PS 1: some of the upgrades to the new mustang are annoying:mad: such as the new Pony Package spoiler (similiar to GT500), the stitched dash brow (like the GT500), the available charcoal dash (like the GT500) and the availability of the Alloy paint color. Oh well, what can you do.

PS 2: be sure to read the "Customer Relations" slide in the GT500 presentation. Kind of humorous ref MSRP:D

98Snake

98Snake,
I can't seem to download this is there a trick or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
45 Posts
O7 Shelby,

I tried it from my post. Follow these steps and it should work:

1) Click on the link.

2) Click on "download now"

3) Click on "save" and save it to your desktop or anywhere you want to.

4) Double click on the file and open it with Power Point.

A WORD OF NOTE: YOU MUST BE A STANGSUNLEASHED MEMBER TO DOWNLOAD/VIEW PICS, VIDS, ETC. IT'S FREE. JUST REGISTER AND THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS. WELL WORTH IT, THEY HAVE LOADS OF SPY PICS/VIDS OF GT500S!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I must be dumber than a box of rocks.I am a member there,have been but I keep getting this Free Downloads
You cannot link directly to this download

Yes I am signed in

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
I must be dumber than a box of rocks.I am a member there,have been but I keep getting this Free Downloads
You cannot link directly to this download

Yes I am signed in
Got it,I am only dumber than 1/2 a box of rocks.I had to disable my firewall,antivirus and antitrojan now I have it.Sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts