Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 - Race Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been posted and asked before...
Still trying to figure out best ways to navigate the forum...

Anyone tried the JLT intake on their new GT500?

Been thinking about it for my 2021. The car has 480 miles right now and I am getting the itch to add some things as soon as it hits 500 miles...

Thoughts on their claimed 25-30RWHP -
1. Any noticeable difference in pull ?
2. Nore supercharger whine ?
3. Butt dyno feeling?

·
Registered
2020 GT500
795 Posts
I had mine on for a year along with the Lethal resonator delete. It is a dyno proven ~30 rhwp. However, at these power levels one can argue how noticeable 30 hp really is. Personally I did feel a difference compared to stock both in power and SC sound.

Still rocking the JLT after pulleying down the car and see no reason to change to a different CAI...

·
Registered
2021 GT500 - Race Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had mine on for a year along with the Lethal resonator delete. It is a dyno proven ~30 rhwp. However, at these power levels one can argue how noticeable 30 hp really is. Personally I did feel a difference compared to stock both in power and SC sound.

Still rocking the JLT after pulleying down the car and see no reason to change to a different CAI...
Awesome...I was on the fence but guess there is no reason not to throw it in...thank you for sharing your experience with it...its just that these are on back order almost everywhere...I am yet to hear back on stock availability from CJ pony parts...

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,446 Posts
I have one. Definitely more whine. I can hear the SC at normal acceleration and definitely at WOT.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,902 Posts
Just installed mine and I'm excited to give it a try!
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelbys, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,902 Posts
Anyone know if the white (paper version) flow is more airflow than oiled red or blue ? What are the benefits of paper versus non-paper version ??
Don’t know about flow rates, but a couple downsides of oiled filters are 1. Blue oiled filters turn grey in short order whereas non-oiled blue stays blue. 2. Oiled filters can get oil on parts like MAF sensors (for cars that have them), especially once you clean and re-oil the filter.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don’t know about flow rates, but a couple downsides of oiled filters are 1. Blue oiled filters turn grey in short order whereas non-oiled blue stays blue. 2. Oiled filters can get oil on parts like MAF sensors (for cars that have them), especially once you clean and re-oil the filter.
Goose: you make two valid observations. Nothing wrong with good old-fashioned paper which will probably last tens of thousands of miles anyway. On a related note it is interesting how all of the YouTube videos showing the horsepower and torque gains all done with the hood wide open. Would be great to see the gains with hood closed and the airbox sealed the way it is when you will actually drive the vehicle. The GT 350 has an open element air cleaner set up directly from Ford I wonder what the thinking was why they closed it for the GT 500?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,902 Posts
Goose: you make two valid observations. Nothing wrong with good old-fashioned paper which will probably last tens of thousands of miles anyway. On a related note it is interesting how all of the YouTube videos showing the horsepower and torque gains all done with the hood wide open. Would be great to see the gains with hood closed and the airbox sealed the way it is when you will actually drive the vehicle. The GT 350 has an open element air cleaner set up directly from Ford I wonder what the thinking was why they closed it for the GT 500?
Closing the air box keeps the air source coming through the grille vs. from the warm engine bay. An open air box works well if it seals tightly against the hood, but then what’s the point of having an open air box in the first place...?

·
Registered
281 Posts
My thoughts exactly . If all of the dynamometer tests are being done with the hood open I don’t understand the point because it’s not simulating real world conditions . Anyway to hear a little bit more whine is probably worth the price of admission LOL

·
Registered
2021 RAPID RED GT500
80 Posts
Just installed my JLT yesterday. Definitely got more whine now than stock. seat of the pants 3rd gear pull felt stronger but you know how that goes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When someone dynos a car with the hood closed and does before an after runs to show the actual increases then and only then I will be a believer . But to see the open element air cleaner when you pop your hood is totally cool !

·
Registered
2021 RAPID RED GT500
80 Posts
When someone dynos a car with the hood closed and does before an after runs to show the actual increases then and only then I will be a believer . But to see the open element air cleaner when you pop your hood is totally cool !
a guy on the facebook pages did a 60-130 test with a dragy and it picked up a few 10ths with the jlt.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,446 Posts
My thoughts exactly . If all of the dynamometer tests are being done with the hood open I don’t understand the point because it’s not simulating real world conditions . Anyway to hear a little bit more whine is probably worth the price of admission LOL
The point of dynos is not to simulate real-world…never has been. The Dyno is a tool used in controlled environments, and when you compare stock intake against JLT the results are clear, the JLT gives you more hp/tq. The hood is open for both tests making it apples to apples comparison. It’s near impossible to test for specific scenarios in real world as there are way too many variables you cannot account for.

·
Registered
2021 RAPID RED GT500
80 Posts
The point of dynos is not to simulate real-world…never has been. The Dyno is a tool used in controlled environments, and when you compare stock intake against JLT the results are clear, the JLT gives you more hp/tq. The hood is open for both tests making it apples to apples comparison. It’s near impossible to test for specific scenarios in real world as there are way too many variables you cannot account for.
The best real world test is testing numbers such as 60-130 times, 1/4 mile times, 1/4 mile trap speed ect. Which the jlt does help as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts