Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 - Race Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been posted and asked before...
Still trying to figure out best ways to navigate the forum...

Anyone tried the JLT intake on their new GT500?

Been thinking about it for my 2021. The car has 480 miles right now and I am getting the itch to add some things as soon as it hits 500 miles...

Thoughts on their claimed 25-30RWHP -
1. Any noticeable difference in pull ?
2. Nore supercharger whine ?
3. Butt dyno feeling?

·
Registered
2020 GT500
521 Posts
I had mine on for a year along with the Lethal resonator delete. It is a dyno proven ~30 rhwp. However, at these power levels one can argue how noticeable 30 hp really is. Personally I did feel a difference compared to stock both in power and SC sound.

Still rocking the JLT after pulleying down the car and see no reason to change to a different CAI...

·
Registered
2021 GT500 - Race Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had mine on for a year along with the Lethal resonator delete. It is a dyno proven ~30 rhwp. However, at these power levels one can argue how noticeable 30 hp really is. Personally I did feel a difference compared to stock both in power and SC sound.

Still rocking the JLT after pulleying down the car and see no reason to change to a different CAI...
Awesome...I was on the fence but guess there is no reason not to throw it in...thank you for sharing your experience with it...its just that these are on back order almost everywhere...I am yet to hear back on stock availability from CJ pony parts...

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
569 Posts
I have one. Definitely more whine. I can hear the SC at normal acceleration and definitely at WOT.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
100 Posts
Check with paramount speed shop or weir racing. Weir racing had them in stock a couple weeks ago.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
Just installed mine and I'm excited to give it a try!
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your Shelbys, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts