Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at J&M LCA, UCA w/ relo bracket, panhard, etc....

Any and all experiences and opinions on these parts is welcome....

What do you guys think of J&M?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking at J&M LCA, UCA w/ relo bracket, panhard, etc....

Any and all experiences and opinions on these parts is welcome....

What do you guys think of J&M?
This is what I went ahead and ordered, based on replies from Team Shelby site.

Good to hear. I ordered from their website today, hotpart.com:
- Red UCA Street Performance #23980R
- Red Rear LCA Relocation Brackets #23885R
- Red LCAs Street Performance #23861R
- Red Street Adjustable Forged End Aluminum Panhard Rod #23737R Will be set for Street only.
- VOGTLAND Lowering Springs #VOG 953094

Keeping the stock Tokico shocks for now.

Do the above sound like a good combination, to lower a little, eliminate the bunny hop, and tighten in the corners? Most are generic "Mustang '05- Present" parts. Hope they all fit nicely in the GT500s, I'm guessing they do, since most of the suspension components are the same, just beefier in some cases.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
This is what I went ahead and ordered, based on replies from Team Shelby site.

Good to hear. I ordered from their website today, hotpart.com:
- Red UCA Street Performance #23980R
- Red Rear LCA Relocation Brackets #23885R
- Red LCAs Street Performance #23861R
- Red Street Adjustable Forged End Aluminum Panhard Rod #23737R Will be set for Street only.
- VOGTLAND Lowering Springs #VOG 953094

Keeping the stock Tokico shocks for now.

Do the above sound like a good combination, to lower a little, eliminate the bunny hop, and tighten in the corners? Most are generic "Mustang '05- Present" parts. Hope they all fit nicely in the GT500s, I'm guessing they do, since most of the suspension components are the same, just beefier in some cases.
Think you should have checked with your accountant first.:roller: I'll take a educated guess here. Must be the WIFE.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i went with the fastest colored J&M stuff as well!! and i have no wheel hop
i did not do the lowereing brackets

and i have no wheel hop

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think you should have checked with your accountant first.:roller: I'll take a educated guess here. Must be the WIFE.
Not yet. She is an accountant though, but in all honesty she thinks the suspension mods are a good idea. It's all about positioning, and I'm not even in sales. :cowsmile:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Looks good so far, but it depends on what you want the car to be: drag, road course, or street only.

My take is (and I'm sure there are those who may disagree) that the relo brackets are best suited for drag racing. Of course, I have them on mine and would probably opt not to put them in if I were to do it again. Also, weld the relo brackets in. Don't rely on simply bolting them in.

I like the J&M stuff. I have their adjustable camber plates on mine. The alignment tech liked how easy it was to get the camber adjusted "just right".

If you do go to swap out the shocks, I would suggest the adjustable Tokico D-Spec. The other addition I would suggest is beefier sway bars - as long as drag racing isn't the main goal.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
I'd also suggest the Ford lowering springs with the D-Specs. Works for me. Oh...and J&M upper and lower control arms. They're the sh*t.

bj

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have the UCA. It was a pita to install, but zero hop now.
Seems I also have these on my list (J&M stuff) of things to mod before I die.

No wheel hop, but how about rear end "drift" ?

TD

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good so far, but it depends on what you want the car to be: drag, road course, or street only.

My take is (and I'm sure there are those who may disagree) that the relo brackets are best suited for drag racing. Of course, I have them on mine and would probably opt not to put them in if I were to do it again. Also, weld the relo brackets in. Don't rely on simply bolting them in.

I like the J&M stuff. I have their adjustable camber plates on mine. The alignment tech liked how easy it was to get the camber adjusted "just right".

If you do go to swap out the shocks, I would suggest the adjustable Tokico D-Spec. The other addition I would suggest is beefier sway bars - as long as drag racing isn't the main goal.
Thanks Orf, the tokico d-specs are also my choice, no dollars right now those, I've reached my limit for '08. My goal for the car is lower it a bit, alleviate the 'wheel hop', and tighten the body lean in turns, flatten it out a little more for cornering. Closer to 'Euro-car' handling. I will not be dragging this car, but may enter a rally race or two at some point; after I'm finished learning how to drive it. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Can't figure out 'pita', what's that mean?
Pain In The

Can you figure it out now?

With no drag racing, I would opt out of the relo brackets. Just my 0.02

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pain In The

Can you figure it out now?

With no drag racing, I would opt out of the relo brackets. Just my 0.02
Yeah, I figured it out about a minute after I hit enter on the post. Being a little thick today, preoccupied with life's dramas at the moment.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just ordered the J&M LCA and UCA. I am not thinking I will lower the car with the roads we have around here. :ugh:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Can't figure out 'pita', what's that mean?
How about "People Eating Tasty Animals"? Wait a minute. That's PETA. Same difference.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
J&M & Vogtland parts in transit, should have them Thursday. Will be getting them installed in the next couple of weeks, when TSB is done. Throwing the dealer a bone, by having them do the LCA, UCA, Panhard, and Springs. I know I will pay more than I should by having a dealer do it, but hey Ford's being good about doing the TSB for 'free'. I wonder if they'll charge me around $4,200 to do the suspension parts install? ;) :cowtounge:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Managed to scrounge another $500 up to do the installs of the parts. J&M: UCA, LCAs(no relo), Adjustable Panhard, and the Vogtland Springs. Having it done at a place in VA, Excessive Motorsports, a really great mod shop, and probably the most talented and fair priced folks in the D.C. region.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Orf replied earlier about the LCA relocation brackets when I had originally ordered these parts, I had initially ordered the relo brackets too. He chimed in saying that w/o drag racing, just street driving, the relo brackets weren't really necessary, so I dropped them from my order. This car will never really see a drag strip, except perhaps once; just to say I took it down a quarter mile. I'm trying to get this car to handle better in the curves and so on, which is challenging with the solid real axle, as we all know. However, I am hoping these mods will get me closer, and minimally alleviate the wheel hop issues. I guess I'll know how much closer I've gotten on Thursday afternoon.
:)

just got mine today..Lowering brackets, UCA, Camber Plates. Will install when the FRPP handling package gets here.

ORF, isn't geometry an issue for lowering w/o the brackets (position of LCA's)?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Meant to ask you, milezperhour, which part of VA you're in, and have you ever had work done at Excessive Motor Sports? They're in Manassas.

just got mine today..Lowering brackets, UCA, Camber Plates. Will install when the FRPP handling package gets here.

ORF, isn't geometry an issue for lowering w/o the brackets (position of LCA's)?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts