Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 1st official 2007 Shelby GT 500 is going to start in stamping dept. in 10 minutes.That way it will be in the Trim and Final dept. Monday afternoon for Job 1 celebration.I know everybody was just dying to know this.

·
Registered
64 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
The 1st official 2007 Shelby GT 500 is going to start in stamping dept. in 10 minutes.That way it will be in the Trim and Final dept. Monday afternoon for Job 1 celebration.I know everybody was just dying to know this.
Yeah, I hope them come some time in early July ! ! ! !

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
07 SHELBY...Thanks for the realtime update! I guess perhaps we could now ask for another, if your privey to pass along anything additional about the infancy of JOB 1 ??

My dealer received the DORA with pricing for my car yesterday and FAXED it to me this morning:) . No VIN yet though...It's OK, I'm patient...looks like thing are moving forward on ALL fronts!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Shelbywise,
What would you like to know?I will tell you what I know!I can tell you this,it's probably in the body shop now.It's getting stoned(it is taken offline and rubbed down with a stone to make sure all the weld splatter is gone and that there is no imperfections on the sheet metal).Right now it is just a white body.Tomorrow it will be in the paint shop.There they will put extra clearcoat on the enamel,more sealer, more stoneguard,and more hot melt sheets.Then it will go to paint inspection where they will go over it with a fine tooth comb under high intensity high output flourescent lights.Then it will get shipped to Trim and Final.There it will get tagged as a show car untill it gets to the end of the line where there will be celebration for JOB 1.Amen brother.How did I do?

·
Registered
888 Posts
It is great having you there on the front lines for us! I can't thank you enough for taking your time to share these experiences with us. I look forward to your posts more than any other posts on these forums! Terrific stuff! Thanks a million!

You might be working on mine early as next week! This is exciting!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for your info I do not work on the line,nor do I work on cars.Thank you though.I really do enjoy this but sometimes I don't really know what to tell you guys.By all means ask me questions.The way my brain works is that I think everyone knows what I know.If you ask the right questions I will probably tell you more than you want.This whole Shelby thing is real big for me.I have done a lot of research for my own car and if you want to know ask!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I don't know what got me off on the tangent that you were "hands on" with the cars, I hope you didn't take offense.

I will ask you a question about what I alluded to before.

Since the 1st official Shelby was in the stamping department this afternnoon, then it was probably assigned a build date of 5 June (I'm guessing here).

So, since my car has a build date of 12 June, could it possibly be in the stamping department next Thursday, the 8th of June?

I ask this because my sales manager actually suggested that it would begin construction on the 8th.

Thanks, Fred!

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Shelbywise,
What would you like to know?I will tell you what I know!I can tell you this,it's probably in the body shop now.It's getting stoned(it is taken offline and rubbed down with a stone to make sure all the weld splatter is gone and that there is no imperfections on the sheet metal).Right now it is just a white body.Tomorrow it will be in the paint shop.There they will put extra clearcoat on the enamel,more sealer, more stoneguard,and more hot melt sheets.Then it will go to paint inspection where they will go over it with a fine tooth comb under high intensity high output flourescent lights.Then it will get shipped to Trim and Final.There it will get tagged as a show car untill it gets to the end of the line where there will be celebration for JOB 1.Amen brother.How did I do?
07 SHELBY...Great update, THANK YOU! Just kinda curious if there are still bugs to be worked out of the whole operation at this point in the process? What are the most challenging parts of the GT500 build ...if any? Is there any way we could hold the guy hostage that gets to drive the Shelby's off the line? I'd be glad to fill-in for him/her LOL!!:D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oldimp said:
I don't know what got me off on the tangent that you were "hands on" with the cars, I hope you didn't take offense.

I will ask you a question about what I alluded to before.

Since the 1st official Shelby was in the stamping department this afternnoon, then it was probably assigned a build date of 5 June (I'm guessing here).

So, since my car has a build date of 12 June, could it possibly be in the stamping department next Thursday, the 8th of June?

I ask this because my sales manager actually suggested that it would begin construction on the 8th.

Thanks, Fred![/QU

Oldimp,
No offense taken.What I was trying to get accross is, that is not what I do.I did not mean that I am too good for that work I just do other things and I don't work on cars at work.
Yes It is possible it will start on the 8th,but does depend on the build mix.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ShelbyWise said:
07 SHELBY...Great update, THANK YOU! Just kinda curious if there are still bugs to be worked out of the whole operation at this point in the process? What are the most challenging parts of the GT500 build ...if any? Is there any way we could hold the guy hostage that gets to drive the Shelby's off the line? I'd be glad to fill-in for him/her LOL!!:D
There is always bugs building any cars.They are always tweaking the line and processes.The biggest problem is where in the plant to put stripes on the Shelby.That job gets moved around a lot.No hostages but I think the guy driving the 1st one off is the guy from Barret Jackson auction.There are several people that drive cars off the line though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My dealer looks at my car and all it says is that its on hold for material.I ordered mine on march 15th order number 3030 with all the priorities you can have,Can you tell me whats going on?
Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Kickstand said:
My dealer looks at my car and all it says is that its on hold for material.I ordered mine on march 15th order number 3030 with all the priorities you can have,Can you tell me whats going on?
Thanks
Kickstand...Do you have a VIN yet? I don't want the VIN, I was just curious if you had received it...If you have a VIN perhaps 07 SHELBY can crunch the numbers for you.

07 SHELBY...Order #3030, I'm curious what this number represents? Is this in relation to the 9000 piece build or what? My dealer gave my order a number, but I believe this was for internal dealership tracking purposes...I'm still waiting for my VIN...

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kickstand said:
Thanks
Kickstand,
1st and formost you must be patient.I also have an order # and nothing else.We should be so grateful that we are getting a Shelby.
Did you read the 10 steps to getting a Shelby.It might help you understand.Everybody wants theirs 1st.Somebody is #1 and somebody is #9,000.At least we are between those #'s.Now for an exact formula there isn't one but there are a lot of variables(didn't I do this before).Not all dealers are telling the truth and not all dealers are crooks either.How many Shelby's is your dealer getting in his allotment and where are you on the food chain(#1,2,3,or 4)How many Mustangs does he sell compared to other dealers.Does your dealer have the Presidents award,is he an SVT dealer does he move other SVT models.See where I am going with this(I say that a lot don't I).
Ok here is another scenerio, a good friend of mine had to buy a Shelby cause I am buying one.We ordered our cars at about the same time and from different dealers.His dealership is going to get 4 or 5 Shelby's and they move a lot of Mustangs.My dealer is a small dealer and SVT certified but does not move a lot of Mustangs my dealer is getting 1(mine).My friends car is getting built on 6-21-06,I might not get mine till Sept. or Oct.My friend is paying $10,000 over MSRP and is getting it faster ,I am paying $5,000 over MSRP and I have patience and grateful I am getting 1.True story.
Now as far as material goes each car in the beginning is going to say that.They might order parts for 200 cars and wait for the material to come in.Then it will go to the next step(see above).You have to remember they just opened the doors for Shelby orders and they are going to Mexico,Canada accross the pond to the Rich and Famous the big dealers and I have to ask "WHERE DO YOU FIT INTO THE BIG PICTURE".You must have patience and be grateful that you are getting one.Damn,that took some time.Any questions?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ShelbyWise said:
Kickstand...Do you have a VIN yet? I don't want the VIN, I was just curious if you had received it...If you have a VIN perhaps 07 SHELBY can crunch the numbers for you.

07 SHELBY...Order #3030, I'm curious what this number represents? Is this in relation to the 9000 piece build or what? My dealer gave my order a number, but I believe this was for internal dealership tracking purposes...I'm still waiting for my VIN...
ShelbyWise,
It already has a VIN or it wouldn't say waiting for parts.
The #3030 represents that the dealer has ordered and FORD has acknowledged the order.My friend in the post above said his was getting built on 6-21-06 but the dealer has no VIN.I went round and round with him and I finally said hey look if the dealer knows the build date he has a VIN.He called the dealer back and guess what,they gave him the VIN.
We looked up the VIN and guess what, it did not have a build date yet but it is real close and might be built around the 21st.The only way you know is to track the VIN.True story.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes my dealer is an svt but not president award.He is getting 2 and I am #1 on that list.Its not so much that Im impateint as that I dont understand
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok,what part don't you understand.I will try to help.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Shelby, will there be any photos taken at the Job1 celebration? If so, can you post some? Also, can you find out the color and options of the first car? Also....maybe a couple weeks from now, is there any way to tell us about how many they have built on a per week basis?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will do my best!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts