Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used "Mustang" in the title rather than GT500 because some of these things are not specific to the GT500.

I will post several articles/info in here that I've accumulated. Where possible I'll put links, but sometimes I'll just have to type a brief summary of the article. I have the original magazines, but it's a hassle to scan and post the pics for all of these.

Dave

First one coming in 10 minutes or so....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about Kooks headers for the GT500?

Uses 304 Stainless, 1 3/4 x 3 inche headers interchangeable with stock exhaust. Available catted and off-road. Requires O2 sensor extensions (included). Dyno results show 25-30 HP gains, 24-32 lb*ft of torque.

www.kookscustomheaders.com

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Article about Galpin Auto Sports making a Boss 302. They are using a 302 ci crate motor with 390 HP and a Tremec 6-speed. Also equipped with a 4.56 rear end (wow, that's steep). The article is very lengthy, but there are pictures of the blue car with the "shaker" hood...neat.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Article about Galpin Auto Sports making a Boss 302. They are using a 302 ci crate motor with 390 HP and a Tremec 6-speed. Also equipped with a 4.56 rear end (wow, that's steep). The article is very lengthy, but there are pictures of the blue car with the "shaker" hood...neat.
Where's the article? I don't see anything...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Direct quote from a magazine...

"For the GT500, Spec has come to the rescue with its Stage III multi-disc clutch for street/strip duty. It's designed to offer smooth, quiet driveability for a stock feel. It also features a CNC processed friction plate and a load increase of 35% over stock. SPEC says the dampened, full-faced carbon discs produce a smooth, progressive engagement, despite the clutch's high-torque capacity. "

www.specclutch.com

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
How about Kooks headers for the GT500?

Uses 304 Stainless, 1 3/4 x 3 inche headers interchangeable with stock exhaust. Available catted and off-road. Requires O2 sensor extensions (included). Dyno results show 25-30 HP gains, 24-32 lb*ft of torque.

www.kookscustomheaders.com

Nice you took the time for all these Dave.

I have these headers on my Shelby.I think everyone should try putting a set of these on.:D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice you took the time for all these Dave.

I have these headers on my Shelby.I think everyone should try putting a set of these on.:D
Thanks Fred, I have more to come. Terry had a wreck in her car last night, but luckily she was not hurt. She was in the right lane of a 4-lane street (2 lanes each direction), and the guy to her left decides to turn RIGHT onto a street without looking in his mirror...he didn't even see her. THe front fascia is torn up as is the grill, but no injuries. The car is driveable other than the fascia nearly dragging the ground. She was shaken up by it.

Also, I awoke at 3 AM to some bad sounds. Terry is now at home curled up on the bathroom floor with severe flu-like symptoms.

I'll get more info posted when I can, it's been a rough night.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks Fred, I have more to come. Terry had a wreck in her car last night, but luckily she was not hurt. She was in the right lane of a 4-lane street (2 lanes each direction), and the guy to her left decides to turn RIGHT onto a street without looking in his mirror...he didn't even see her. THe front fascia is torn up as is the grill, but no injuries. The car is driveable other than the fascia nearly dragging the ground. She was shaken up by it.

Also, I awoke at 3 AM to some bad sounds. Terry is now at home curled up on the bathroom floor with severe flu-like symptoms.

Dave

I 'm glad shes ok.She is having 1 tough day/night.I wish her the best.:)

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
465 Posts

Dave
Wow!

Talk about a bad day.

Hope she's feeling better soon and glad she wasn't hurt in the collision.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts