Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through GT500 videos on YouTube, and saw this:

I was like...hey, I've see that person before! Isn't he a moderator at fordgt500.com?

You be the judge!

-imyy4u

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,212 Posts
Yes, I am Goose17 on the forums and ShelbyFlyer on YouTube. I just uploaded my longest movie ever today:

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,914 Posts
Yes, I am Goose17 on the forums and ShelbyFlyer on YouTube. I just uploaded my longest movie ever today:

Watched the video. I really liked it, and so well done! Congratulations on your graduation, Tim! Going to have to look into doing the GT350 school down there! Thanks again, Tim, for giving us a front row seat for the Ford Track Attack session!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,212 Posts
Watched the video. I really liked it, and so well done! Congratulations on your graduation, Tim! Going to have to look into doing the GT350 school down there! Thanks again, Tim, for giving us a front row seat for the Ford Track Attack session!
Thanks Mike! 🍻

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
@Goose17 - You should look into a few cheap "vlogging tools". Simple tripods and gimbals to help hold your equipment, especially cell phones while your're recording in selfie mode. We got a couple things when we started up our channel and it makes the video content much more professional looking and it makes it much easier to record as well. Holding a cell phone by itself at arms length for any amount of time is tiring!

You're getting a lot visibility on your channel because of the popularity of the car. Take advantage of it and you might be able to monetize it, albeit it won't tip the needle that much. Maybe just some beer money. The biggest thing for monetization though is the rules around videos. The big one is language.... which is hard when you're dropping a 4,200 pound bomb into a corner at 100 MPH. ;)

Honestly, you're biggest opportunity may be for "sponsorship". Aftermarket companies may pickup on how viewed you are and offer free products to review on your YT. It's a form of marketing for them. Much cheaper to send free product than to pay millions in advertising.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,212 Posts
@Goose17 - You should look into a few cheap "vlogging tools". Simple tripods and gimbals to help hold your equipment, especially cell phones while your're recording in selfie mode. We got a couple things when we started up our channel and it makes the video content much more professional looking and it makes it much easier to record as well. Holding a cell phone by itself at arms length for any amount of time is tiring!

You're getting a lot visibility on your channel because of the popularity of the car. Take advantage of it and you might be able to monetize it, albeit it won't tip the needle that much. Maybe just some beer money. The biggest thing for monetization though is the rules around videos. The big one is language.... which is hard when you're dropping a 4,200 pound bomb into a corner at 100 MPH. ;)

Honestly, you're biggest opportunity may be for "sponsorship". Aftermarket companies may pickup on how viewed you are and offer free products to review on your YT. It's a form of marketing for them. Much cheaper to send free product than to pay millions in advertising.
Thanks for the tips Nick! I do have a gimbal video stick... I just haven’t used it much. The portions of video with me in it chatting are usually short since I’m normally filming the cars. For now, this is just a fun little hobby. I’ve been getting some good feedback on my videos.

A funny thing did happen in Charlotte... the instructor that was talking with us in the classroom at the end of the day asked if I was the guy that made the hour long “Getting to know the 2020 GT500” video. I told him that was me... he said he watched the whole thing to learn about the car preparing to teach it to us students! I got a good chuckle out of that. I also felt honored that the Ford Performance instructors are using my videos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts