Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
A guy on svtp was offered MSRP on a track pack car yesterday. Not sure what dealer.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,272 Posts
A guy on svtp was offered MSRP on a track pack car yesterday. Not sure what dealer.
He is a lucky dude! I only know of one other and he locked in the deal a couple years prior. I hope he jumped on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Outliers happen all the time... I special-ordered my 2011 SVTPP, and even thought the market was a bit more rampant when the 2013 was introduced, the market in 2011 was pretty damned hot with the introduction of the aluminum block, electro-steering and SVTPP.

I paid straight dealer-invoice.

It happens, some dealers have more allocations, and are more willing to play ball here and there.
I highly doubt that. The Chevrolet Dealer in my area just had the best month in its history. Franchise dealerships in General are doing well for some odd reason. Let me get back on topic. 3200 VIN numbers were released for the 2020 GT500 model year. Do you know how many Ford dealerships there are?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,272 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not really sure where your sarcasm is coming from. But it's just a car, a newer version of the car is out in the GT500 CFTP, so the old one is less than desirable. Under MSRP all day. With a quick search and no negotiating, here's one...

View attachment 201073
The vehicle does not exist on their website how convenient. I came across advertisements like that when I was shopping for my GT 500. When I put it in a Internet inquiry I seldomly received a response. Dealers price their vehicles through VAuto. On cars like this it receives the standard internet discount. The computer cannot differentiate between a GT500 & a GT. The New Car Manger would have to manually price the vehicle. Once in a blue moon that happens as they are lazy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No need to “doubt that.” Boss would not BS you.
Word👍. I came across one place that said, “they would do MSRP for a special ordered vehicle.” I asked if I was able to use my own financing & to no surprise they said, “no.” 6 months would be the ordering time frame & they would probably make 2 points on the financing. I rather just pay the ADM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,
I have spoken to 30 dealers in the last 2 weeks. The few that actually had cars were asking anywhere from 15-50K over MSRP.
I'd pay 5K over right now in a heartbeat for a base that was Siver, White, or Kona Blue. I'm not sure these are
going to loosen up for several months at best.....Just a guess

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,272 Posts
Hey Guys,
I have spoken to 30 dealers in the last 2 weeks. The few that actually had cars were asking anywhere from 15-50K over MSRP.
I'd pay 5K over right now in a heartbeat for a base that was Siver, White, or Kona Blue. I'm not sure these are
Welcome to the forum! I know of a few others actively searching as well that would be happy with $5k over. Keep calling, you’ll find an acceptable deal. My recommendation is to call dealers outside of large cities. This is where I found my first 2020.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I know of a few others actively searching as well that would be happy with $5k over. Keep calling, you’ll find an acceptable deal. My recommendation is to call dealers outside of large cities. This is where I found my first 2020.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself, you’ll find our new member area here:

I have no idea how the Dealers are doing it. Covid-19 - the looming threat of a recession is not holding buyers back. It’s crazy.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,272 Posts
I have no idea how the Dealers are doing it. Covid-19 - the looming threat of a recession is not holding buyers back. It’s crazy.
I know people who are actually doing better financially during this coronavirus craziness. Not everyone has been negatively affected.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know people who are actually doing better financially during this coronavirus craziness. Not everyone has been negatively affected.
Yea a small percentage of the population. Threat of a recession while stocks were trading 20 X + next year earnings is never good. The Fed has all it tools deployed & bandaids only go so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Guys,
Here"s one that's got a VIN and a build date....5k over. Looks like Iconic Silver and ordered at a Hoover AL dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Here"s one that's got a VIN and a build date....5k over. Looks like Iconic Silver and ordered at a Hoover AL dealer.
That is a really good deal. Iconic silver is Fire!! If you want to see the dealer flip out ask them if you can come with your own financing. ETA will be Aug sometime.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts