Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500 Torch Red/White custom
1,021 Posts
I think it would be a shame to discontinue the gt350. It is a track focused car that is a stick. No matter how good the cst transmission is you are still always going to have your purists who like having a stick like Mike @03reptile. It is definitely a great bang for your buck. We are all passionate about what we own. One of the points the gentleman made about giving the new gt500 a couple of years to see if there are any wrinkles is true. As an owner of a 07 I know this first hand. When the 07 came out people thought it was awesome. A 500 hp street machine Unheard of. But being a first gen car they ended up working out a few things like the boat anchor crank balancer and the dreaded wheel hop isuues which was corrected in later models. It is fair to say that with new models there is always things to work out. Even with the improvements that I had to do with mine I still think it is a great car. Even if the 2020 ends up having a few bugs it is still going to be a great car and quite honestly what it has shown so far their is no reason to think else wise.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think it would be a shame to discontinue the gt350. It is a track focused car that is a stick. No matter how good the cst transmission is you are still always going to have your purists who like having a stick like Mike @03reptile. It is definitely a great bang for your buck. We are all passionate about what we own. One of the points the gentleman made about giving the new gt500 a couple of years to see if there are any wrinkles is true. As an owner of a 07 I know this first hand. When the 07 came out people thought it was awesome. A 500 hp street machine Unheard of. But being a first gen car they ended up working out a few things like the boat anchor crank balancer and the dreaded wheel hop isuues which was corrected in later models. It is fair to say that with new models there is always things to work out. Even with the improvements that I had to do with mine I still think it is a great car. Even if the 2020 ends up having a few bugs it is still going to be a great car and quite honestly what it has shown so far their is no reason to think else wise.
Love the new sig pic Joe! :love:

41 - 42 of 42 Posts