Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Grabber Yellow Handling Pack
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody install an IRS lockout on their GT500. Thinking about installing either the BMR setup or going with the Steeda “stop the hop” kit

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,898 Posts
Accumulating parts now. I went with Steeda for the IRS cradle bushing support setup and differential bushing inserts. I'll be using several BMR chassis components.

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
26 Posts
With the steeda stuff, my GT was a completely different car. It could turn circles around the Shelby in stock form. I don’t doubt the Shelby would benefit in the same way. It’s still an s550.

Save the irs Differential bushing inserts for last Unless, your pinion is loading up and clunking. (Mostly a manual to Steel housing problem) If you go with bmr, know they use a harder durometer bushing and will increase NVH. Their standard bushing are harder than steeda black bushings.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Grabber Yellow Handling Pack
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m leaning towards the steeda setup. Trying to avoid added NVH, use my GT500 for dual purpose street/strip. Just searching for some bolt on mods to help hook up better on the track. Thinking a cradle brace and a good set of drag radials for track days.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
7,898 Posts
That's my goal too. Least amount of NVH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts