Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Once again I am very impressed with the site. The majority of my knowledge of mustangs are on the Modular Platform. But I have been around the block. The current users already know my story... but lets find out everyon elses.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm from Alamogordo, NM. I've owned a fox body in the past (91, LX Hatch) and enjoyed the car and loved to drag race it (especially on slicks) -- It was slow, compared to most vehicles I've owned, but still had alot of fun it in at the strip.

I'm looking forward to the Shelby Cobra's coming out, as its a good looking car, great performance and at a good price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've known that fool ^^ above me for a while now, I'm from Artesia, New Mexico, 27 years old and daily drive a *gulp* 2002 Z28. BUT, I owned a '90 GT Fox for about 7 years that went from a 15 second N/A car to a 12 second N/A car then into high 11s on spray then low 11s with a hairdryer. Currently own a 4 banger coupe beater and have a twin turbo 5.4 DOHC project coupe in the garage.

Gonna be neat to see what kinda parts might be available from the Shelby's engine, hehe. I need an intake!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all...

It's me I am here...I am from Central New Mexico.

I have had Mustang fever since I was 15..that was a long long time ago...

Nice site glad to be here gang!

M

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am from Seattle. I drive Mustangs. Currently in the stable is 1 red 05, 1 red 03 and 1 very fast and also red 65 fastback. I am 2nd on the list for the 07 gt500 from my dealership, which just got their allocation for 07. I will be gettin mine, how about you?Guess what color my gt500 is going to be?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats on getting a line on a GT500.

I am 27, lived in Albuquerque NM for the last 2.5 years, will be miving on again in May. I bought my first Mustang in 1996, a 1965 GT fastback all original for *gasp* $3600. I only drove it once and sold it midway through rebuild to my buddy and left for the Navy. After 6 years of overseas duty I came back stateside and bought a 2002 GT. Within a few weeks it had full length sub frame connectors, midpipe, catback, and short throw shifter. Then I got serious. :) Got a full suspension setup from maximum motorsports, an intercooled vortech supercharger, brake upgrades, corbeau seats, rims and tires. It has been at that level for almost 2 years now and I'm still pretty happy with it. Not the fastest car around, but it's a blast to drive and has been stone cold reliable for 2 years under boost.

That's my story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there. Im 22 from Chicago. Have a black 05 Mustang GT in the garage right now. Soon as the GT500 came out I had to have one. Paid for it outright with no markup. So I hope to sell it before I buy the GT500 for close to what I got it for. Wanted the new Mustang since I saw the concept two years ago. Of course a few months after I bought one the GT500 debuts and I start kicking myself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm from British Columbia. I am sales manager at a small Ford satellite dealership. The mother ship is 60 miles away. I have a customer who bought an 05 GT wants to get a GT500 as soon as he can. The only problem is that we will probably only get one and the owner says it is going straight into his garage.

My customer is in here just about every week hounding me...showing the latest magazine articles. He is so horny to get one, he is selling his 1974 Dodge Challenger 440 - 4 speed. This car was restored a couple of years ago, and wins trophys at every show he takes it to.

My own car is a 1973 Nova SS that I bought new in 1973. Several others in the stable for wife, kids and daily driver.

I have been working in the car business since the mid '60s and very few cars have peaked my intrest like the new Mustangs and especially the Shelby GT500. I can't wait.

Sofa King

·
Registered
22 Posts
In Socal. Originally from NYS. Just got an 06 Mustang GT a month ago (see avatar). Am a muscle car lover (Ford and Dodge) and secretly want a SRT8 Charger... especially because the GT500 will be too rare and too expensive to get my hands on.

Other than that, I'm a Capricorn, my favorite color is...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm from San Pedro, SoCal (L.A. harbor area). I have a '03 Mustang Mach 1, a '73 Ranchero GT, and a '70 Torino GT convert. My wife's ride is a '04 SVT Focus so as you can tell, we like Fords :D .

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this new GT500's debut and who knows, maybe I'll get one...someday.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Kansas City, Mo. here. Looking forward to getting my hands on one these soon, but will not pay out the nose for one. Looks like I'll just keep waiting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in new Zealand and have ordered one of the first to be released. yes I will pay over sticker. This is a collectors item and will be well loved.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What's up everyone?

I'm from Douglassville, Pennsylvania(yes, it's as dull as it sounds). I own a 1971 MACH 1 and also a 2006 Mustang GT which serves as my Daily Driver.

My Dad owns a 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversery edition. He is HELL bent on getting a GT500! He's gonna ditch the Vette and get the Shelby. Now it's just the waiting game.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in Slidell, La. and according to the dealership I went too, I'm one of the few who want a convertible so I'm at the top of their list with my deposit to get one of their convertibles. I haven't really decided yet if I'm gonna get it this year or wait till next year. Kind of depends on what on how far over MSRP they try and get for it. Ihave a number in mind and over that will just have to wait. Right now I'm in a gray '01 Cobra. I've always wanted a Mustang and as soon as I could get one, that's what I did. Now I'm looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am mandengho...i live in lake mary florida..i have a few questions..what's the difference in price and engine in the roush, saleen,svt/cobra/shelby. and why is it that ford seems to only sell the cobra consistently...help old ignorant me...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey! I live in Lubbock, Texas. I have already placed my order for my 2007 Shelby GT 500. Vista Blue/ Tungsten stripes. My current stable includes:

1987 Buick Grand National 50k orig. mi.
1987 Buick Turbo T Limited (1 of 1035)
2005 Triumph Rocket III-2300 cc's of Torque

1966 Mustang GT coupe (sold)
1980 Camaro Z28 (sold)
1988 Mustang GT conv. (sold)

I'm glad to have so many NM guys so close. I work for BNSF Railway out of Clovis, NM. Maybe we can have some good meets/rallys? These Shelbys are going to be bad ass. My Buicks fly, the Shelby should fit nicely in the middle, well at least until I turn a few wrenches. The GN runs low 11's and the Turbo T runs low/mid 12's. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
TwinTurboBuicks said:
Hey! I live in Lubbock, Texas. I have already placed my order for my 2007 Shelby GT 500. Vista Blue/ Tungsten stripes.
Welcome, TwinTurbo.

I ordered a Vista Blue / Tungsten stripes as well. I live in beautiful Parker, Colorado. I just can't wait to get this car. I'm really chomping at the bit these days. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in the Dallas Texas Area....
My stable has had they the following
1968 Coupe (1st car)Wreched
1968 Coupe GT (2nd Car) Sold
1992 LX 5.0 Hatch(3rd Car)Sold
1993 LX 5.0 Hatch (4th Car)Sold
1997 Cobra (5th Car) Traded
2003 F150 Super Crew FX4 (Sold for GT 500)
1969 Mach 1 ( Selling to get GT500)
But it does not look like I will get a 06 GT and have to make my own version of a Cobra GT350 oppose to a GT500
:mad: Dealerships are gang raping crooks....
I have been told by countless dealerships in the Area anywhere between 20-50K over MSRP.... I say they can keep it... But PT Barnuim said it best " There is a sucker born every minute!" :p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts