Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Socal. Just got an 06 Mustang GT a month ago as of 11/2005 (see avatar). Am a muscle car lover (Ford and Dodge) and secretly want a SRT8 Charger... especially because the GT500 will be too rare and too expensive to get my hands on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think theres going to be more of them running around than alot of people think. Ford has a car thats going to sell why would'nt they keep building

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own 93 5.0 lx special order vortech s trim 373 gears off road exuast h pipe 3inch full length stianless stell tips cobra r polished rims and drag nitto tires to grip all that I try'd to post pictures but say's to big of a file .The gt500 is my next dream car. Was going to buy a 1987 328 Ferrari but freinds told me forget it [to much maintenece$2000.00 every year] so I noticed the new gt 500 last year and fell in love!I have 2depoists on it let you gus no any info .best of luck to all!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have an 05 GT and when we bought it, my wife told me to get it the way I wanted it because it would be my last one! That was in November 04, and i told her then it would be the last one I would want unless They put one out with the name Shelby on it!

It was about amonth or so after we took delivery of the Gt when I wirst saw the GT500 concept car on the internet. We started saving right away and talking with our delaership about it. I have a great relationship with my salesman and one of the sales managers, who used to be my salesman! They both genuinely wanted to see me get into one of the Shelbys.

Six or so months later, the talk was that they might auction them off. I figured that would leave us pretty much out of the running. About the middle of February, they told me that their head sales guy had decided that they would auction them. I looked at a supercharged Stage 2 Roush that they had, but I really didn't want a faster car, I wanted a Shelby.

A couple weeks later, I get a call that the guy that insisted on the auction was fired and the remaining management decided to sell whatever Shelbys they would get to a few of their loyal customers! That put us right back in the thick of things. I could read between the lines of the conversation that there would be a dealer mark-up, but it wasn't made evident at the time.

The next day, I rolled around there to talk with my sales manager buddy, and he told me the mark-up would be $5k and I was the #1 guy on their list. I had been checking the internet, so I knew that as mark-ups were running, this was on the low side. I am envious of those who have found them at MSRP, but in looking at the eBay prices, I am probably on the low side of the average selling price.

So, as with everyone else that has their order placed, I sit anxiously waiting for the next bit of news. I feel pretty confident today, but I know that stuff happens!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I too am in So Cal...I'm #1 on the list, although I don't get to officially place my order until mid-May, as that is when Ford will start to pull from the order bank...so I'm being told. I'm trying real hard not to get too worked up about this GT500 hype because these are crazy times we're in and until the keys are in my hand, I feel the odds are pretty good it could all go south on me and I'll end up covered in dookie...I learned long ago to hope for the best...but prepare for the worst. I hope that all of us waiting for the pot to boil can continue to correspond about our cars on this site for many years to come.

·
Registered
8 Posts
shelbywise, As far as I know there are a couple of shelbies down south, Bakersfield, and San Diego. I herd the San diegoe store was doing an silent bid process and bakersfield is trying to find a local buyer first.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree that there will be more GT500s around than people think. I also believe that those of us waiting until next year will probably have a better chance at paying at least closer to MSRP.

Right now I am on top of my local dealers list for an 08... but we will see how it works out!

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello to every1.
First time post long time viewer.
Im from the Detroit area "Fraser".
Ive owned stangs sence 89, oooo my first new gt.
Currently own a 91 Gt, that i drive maybe twice a yr, and will be owning the new cobra soon enough.
I too am waiting for the 08, which is the hardest thing ive ever had to do.
I have 6 months left on my 150 and 5 months on a lease.
When these 2 r clear its cobra time.
advantage, if any is for ford to work out any bugs in the 07.
disadvantage,the msrp and rates my go up by then, i hope not.
Is there really a list for the 08's?, i didnt think a list would be needed.
I figured the frenzy would be over by then and u could just go and order one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup most of the guys that didnt make the top of the 07 list rolled to the 08 list. I believe Ford has confirmed a 3yr run of the Shelby GT500 (according to the magazines that I have read) however, I believe the 08 will be the last model year for this car before the stang gets a face lift in 09.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yup most of the guys that didnt make the top of the 07 list rolled to the 08 list. I believe Ford has confirmed a 3yr run of the Shelby GT500 (according to the magazines that I have read) however, I believe the 08 will be the last model year for this car before the stang gets a face lift in 09.
New body style is in 2010.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another So Cal one here! I know there are more out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts