Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
For what these cars cost, Ford cheaped out on the interior. They could have done body-color stitching on the seats, or a few other touches that would have cost little. It may sound silly, but one of the things that attracted me to my Charger Daytona was the body-color stitching on the seats and the body-color radio stack. Ford could have done it if they wanted to, but as usual, they took the cheap route.

Where else can you buy a 500HP car for $50,000?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Where else can you buy a 500HP car for $50,000?
I don't disagree with that part. But the things I am talking about would cost little or nothing. For example, the seats have to have stitching. They could have changed the color easily at the vendor level. Yeah, it takes a teeny bit more work with the logistics, and the OEMs hate that. But it would have raised the bar as far as looks and exclusivity with very minimal cost. If Dodge can do it with a $31K Daytona, surely Ford could do it with a $50K Shelby.

I have the same "complaint" with the Bullitt. The goofy dash applique could have been eliminated and something classier done with the seats. Maybe I have a seat fetish :confused: :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I don't disagree with that part. But the things I am talking about would cost little or nothing. For example, the seats have to have stitching. They could have changed the color easily at the vendor level. Yeah, it takes a teeny bit more work with the logistics, and the OEMs hate that. But it would have raised the bar as far as looks and exclusivity with very minimal cost. If Dodge can do it with a $31K Daytona, surely Ford could do it with a $50K Shelby.

I have the same "complaint" with the Bullitt. The goofy dash applique could have been eliminated and something classier done with the seats. Maybe I have a seat fetish :confused: :eek:

Ok:)

·
Registered
661 Posts
got it:)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

I think you'd be surprised just how difficult this would be...not just "a teeny bit more work". Variation is the devil in manufacturing, as evidenced by the move to Six Sigma. I agree it would have been nice, but then there are about 20 such things that would have been nice...and to implement all of them would have added up to $$$.

Dave

21 - 26 of 26 Posts