Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this on YouTube … very interesting viewpoint on the situation and hidden agendas. Hope some of you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,548 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about this. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/giuliani-claims-i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-in-trump-campaign

The people I feel bad for the most are the federal employees in all this mess. I guess Trump just thinks those 800K people can get a loan from daddy. Sure both sides have been playing the blame game but this childish bullshit needs to stop.

Yes, it's hard to keep up with all the shenanigans going on with "both sides" …. I've never even paid attention to politics when I was working, too busy keeping the wheels rolling, avoiding Smokey bear, and staying ahead of the bills. Some articles I've read have focused on "draining the swamp" and Trump getting rid of many of those 800K government workers … something that is possible after 30 days of shutdown??? It's a tremendous power struggle and way too many regulations for the 'average Joe' to know all the 'ins and outs' !!! I think my biggest focus would be on implementing term limitations … NO ONE should be a "professional politician" in my opinion. Between that and the struggle with the Federal Reserve Bank, have kept me busy reading more than ever. I always enjoy listening to other Forum members viewpoints, just to see how others are interpreting the moves from both sides.

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,548 Posts
I never paid as much attention to politics as I do today since the 2016 election and the current administration. The problem is deciphering what true and what's just propaganda, and that's from both sides.

When I see the same headlines and news hitting all the channels, including Fox, it's hard to ignore the validity. IMO, Trump is heading for disaster, the walls are closing in on him.

I'll eat crow all day if I'm wrong and I hope Trumps followers are prepared to do the same. I can't think of anything worse than finding out the person you trusted and voted for deceived all his followers into thinking he was for America and in reality is owned by Russia.

For this shut down, I hope TSA walks which will bring things to a screeching halt in this country. I bet the government will open back up within hours. Sad when the people have to take things into their own hands to get things moving again.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll eat crow all day if I'm wrong and I hope Trumps followers are prepared to do the same. I can't think of anything worse than finding out the person you trusted and voted for deceived all his followers into thinking he was for America and in reality is owned by Russia.

Oh yeah, it'll be a sad time if we get deceived again like we were with past administrations. And after watching what the Clintons did to Arkansas and then pulling the wool over peoples eyes, sometimes you just can't warn enough people or they fail to listen, because as you said, it's hard to know who to listen to anymore.

All we can do is hope for the best, unfortunately, "the best" for some will be defined as "the worst" by others.

Sort of like going out and buying a brand new Dodge Challenger RedEye … :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
5,512 Posts
I never paid as much attention to politics as I do today since the 2016 election....
When I see the same headlines and news hitting all the channels, including Fox, it's hard to ignore the validity. IMO, Trump is heading for disaster, the walls are closing in on him.

I'll eat crow all day if I'm wrong .......
Oh, was this the big news everywhere "Hitting all the channels" that you WERE hoping for:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-a-rare-move-mueller’s-office-denies-buzzfeed-report-that-trump-told-cohen-to-lie-about-moscow-project/ar-BBSryEP?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-a-rare-move-mueller’s-office-denies-buzzfeed-report-that-trump-told-cohen-to-lie-about-moscow-project/ar-BBSryEP

...would you like some salt and pepper with that.

edit; ...and just a little FYI for all, the 'shutdown' does not mean 'Guvment employees do not get paid. I WAS a DoD 'employee' and went through SEVERAL of these 'shutdowns'. Never lost a dime. My position as "The Command Engineer at Headquarters Air Force" I was considered 'Essential' and had to show up to work each and every day, shutdown or not. When it was all over it was damn nice to get that bundle of cash when it was all done. Plus I also booked up a lot of PTO time while it went on, pretty damn nice system. Most all came in and did their jobs knowing this.
So shed no tears for any of those in the CS GS classification, from a GS2 to a GS15 which I was.

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

·
Registered
6,933 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
Are you saying that fake news is alive and well? :jawdrop:
To quote Trump, Jr....

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

:laugh:

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,548 Posts
I never paid as much attention to politics as I do today since the 2016 election....

I'll eat crow all day if I'm wrong .......
Oh, was this the big news everywhere "Hitting all the channels" that you WERE hoping for:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-a-rare-move-mueller’s-office-denies-buzzfeed-report-that-trump-told-cohen-to-lie-about-moscow-project/ar-BBSryEP?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-a-rare-move-mueller’s-office-denies-buzzfeed-report-that-trump-told-cohen-to-lie-about-moscow-project/ar-BBSryEP

...would you like some salt and pepper with that.

edit; ...and just a little FYI for all, the 'shutdown' does not mean 'Guvment employees do not get paid. I WAS a DoD 'employee' and went through SEVERAL of these 'shutdowns'. Never lost a dime. My position as "The Command Engineer at Headquarters Air Force" I was considered 'Essential' and had to show up to work each and every day, shutdown or not. When it was all over it was damn nice to get that bundle of cash when it was all done. Plus I also booked up a lot of PTO time while it went on, pretty damn nice system. Most all came in and did their jobs knowing this.
So shed no tears for any of those in the CS GS classification, from a GS2 to a GS15 which I was.

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte
No shit Sherlock, of course they’ll get paid. You do realize many of the workers aren’t rich like you and live paycheck to paycheck. You probably can’t remember the last time you had to live one paycheck at a time. God knows Trump never has.

Blind allegiance is dangerous. You’re showing that for Trump.

I have zero allegiance to any of those morons in Washington. Including your beloved fatass orange man.

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
I owe no allegiance to anyone, let alone a 'polititian'.

I payed all of my dues, more so than 90% of the population of this Great Country. I earned every thing that I have ever had/have, everything. I am far from 'rich' as you ASSume. Have you ever lived in a mine-shaft, and had ony $13.26 when in your mid-twenties? I bet not. I would also guess you never faced the rejection of being hired because you were dissabled and carried the 'Tag' of being a VN Vet... I very seriously doubt it.
"RICH"... i laugh at that.

BTW, great retort with knowing very little about me.
You should learn to lose the anger and hate.

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
I owe no allegiance to anyone, let alone a 'polititian'.

I payed all of my dues, more so than 90% of the population of this Great Country. I earned every thing that I have ever had/have, everything. I am far from 'rich' as you ASSume. Have you ever lived in a mine-shaft, and had ony $13.26 when in your mid-twenties? I bet not. I would also guess you never faced the rejection of being hired because you were dissabled and carried the 'Tag' of being a VN Vet... I very seriously doubt it.
"RICH"... i laugh at that.

BTW, great retort with knowing very little about me.
You should learn to lose the anger and hate.

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte
You have made the real sacrifices that people like me only read in books or see on TV.

I also was not born with a silver spoon and have accomplished everything on my own but I also didn’t have people shooting at me only to return home to an ungrateful nation to be mocked and spit on.

I figure any veteran is entitled to their opinion more than anyone else since they are the reason we still have free speech.

Carry on and thanks for your service. I for one am grateful where I can live in a country allows me numerous options to be successful.

Oh and btw I think there might have been a time in my early 20’s where I lived in an apartment that was worse than a mineshaft and I also had less than $13 to my name.😊

·
Premium Member
2019 GT350R FPB
2,548 Posts
We know you paid your dues, you remind us ALL THE TIME Ken. It doesn’t make you any better or any more or less right than someone that didn’t serve. You obviously feel different and people that didn’t serve or walk in your shoes are beneath you,

You seem very angry and harbor a lot of contempt for average joe American. Their financial hardships caused from not getting a pay check isn’t shit because you had it the hardest, right? So suck it up 800k Americans. No one has had a harder life than Ken right? That’s what I’m hearing.

I remember a comment your favorite person Trump made about John McCain. He said he prefers heroes that aren’t captured. On that note, I prefer humble veterans that don’t need to remind everyone all the time of their service.

I’m pleased the special counsel called BuzzFeed out for that fake news. But, It doesn’t mean shit until he plays his full hand now does it?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
.............I remember a comment your favorite person Trump made about John McCain. He said he prefers heroes that aren’t captured. On that note, I prefer humble veterans that don’t need to remind everyone all the time of their service.

I’m pleased the special counsel called BuzzFeed out for that fake news. But, It doesn’t mean shit until he plays his full hand now does it?
I agree 100%. Being a soldier in the 60's and 70's was certainly hard. As an Army brat of a career enlisted soldier (during that time), I knew a lot of those guys. Hell, my dad was even shot at by US civilians while traveling through MO towns in his Army sedan due to doing his job as a recruiter. But again, the cause wasn't due to those who served, but those who forced them to serve in a war that became unpopular. He and most of them (including my uncle) who served during that time still remained humble about their times of duty. Hats off to them for sticking with it for 20+ years and eventually retiring during some very testing times in our country. Certainly hats off to all who served that were drafted (lottery, backdoor or otherwise) and had no choice. Being a Army volunteer myself, well that was my choice and understand those who didn't make the same. Because it was my choice, I have nothing to be humble about. I am thankful to the US Armed Forces for the opportunity (education, skills and purpose) given me for fulfilling my service and that's about it.

As for the BuzzFeed piece..... agree, it's just an interesting read until we hear/read it from Mueller. Question is, will those who disagree believe the results and change their views - one way or another?

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,061 Posts
I usually try to avoid these conversations, Eric, as it just frustrates me! LOL! Reference Ken; I know him, personally, and we have had long talks together about his life and service experiences. Suffice it to say that none of you know what he experienced in VN as a LRRP. I do, and I'll continue to keep that to myself, which is his wish, as well. He is proud of his service and I have no problem with that, Lest we forget. He's anything but boastful, and to infer that, is assumptive. I think your evaluation of his personal beliefs of other's opinions is incorrect.
I'll leave it at that.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,321 Posts
I am sorry @03reptile, I will never bring an article like this to the Forum again. @Goose17 or @fletchffletch … please delete or close this thread. Thank you.
Done!

In today’s political climate, it’s easy to find reasons to get angry with one another. There is a lot of BS flying in all directions. Just remember we all came here with a common bond of an awesome vehicle!

Party on Wayne! :rocker:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.