·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in contact with Wheelreplicas.com about producing either:

1) an 18 x 11 GT500 replica wheel

or

2) an 18 x 11 FR500 replica wheel

They have stated that it could be possible if the demand is sufficient. To remake a profit after developing the mold they would need to sell at least 1000 units. Between the GT500 and GT fans, I hope this is possible.

Personally, I would prefer to have 2 11" wide GT500 wheels so that I could swap them for evenings of spirited driving at controlled events or otherwise!

Comments or suggestions? This shall be cross-posted on Fordgt500.com also and the links shall be shared with WheelReplicas.com to show the level of interest.

This topic is also posted on: www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1248286#post1248286

Thanks,
Ronnie

·
Registered
86 Posts
i would buy 2 today for the rear! as long as they had the right offset and didnt stick out or anything like that.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
i would buy 2 today for the rear! as long as they had the right offset and didnt stick out or anything like that.
3rd, adding that the finish & color would have to match the stock fronts on the GT500. They really should not even flinch at this idea - they would have the market corned, most people simply can't afford a full set of BBS/Shelby/Evolution aftermarket wheels nor sending the stockers to be widened. To be able to buy two rims, throw on a set of DRs, and go would be great. I bet vendors would like offering up package deals too.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i would take a pair as well

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
This would be awesome.

That is a lot of wheels though.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steeda is now making wheels in 11" widths!!

Unfortunately for me, at this time it's only available in a 20" diameter.
If they start producing these in an 18" diameter wheel, I'm all over them!

--
Ronnie

·
Registered
191 Posts
That bites, I am interested here as well as long as it has the right offset to get a linear bearing to wheel center alignment....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Add me in! hope we can get this back to life! (interesting, that we need 500 GT500 drivers to buy a pair a piece, lol)

·
Registered
191 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts