Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when does the intercooler pump starts working? I started up my car today just observed the reservior with the cap removed for over 10 minutes and did not see any fluid movement in there. The hoses connected to it remained cool but the rest of the cooling system for the engine got hot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't know for sure but it could be like the radiator it needs to be on to circulate. Try putting it on and see if it cool down.

Jerry

·
Registered
382 Posts
That is a good question, so good that the guys at SVT didn't have the answer. Looking on the ford Oasis site, I cant see a description of how the circuit is activated but I see that it is controlled by the PCM.:ack:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Here is a little sketch I drew up real quick,does this help?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I drove the car to work and back and then checked again while parked in the driveway. There was plenty of fluid circulating in the reservior. My car is essentially stock and I was reading on a TS post that the IC pump started up a short time after starting the car. Evidently that's not true with the stock tune.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That "sketch" is awesome Fred.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
That "sketch" is awesome Fred.

Thanks!!

Joe I have 3 of these from REP.I posted these on SU last year.Do you want the others?:bandit:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Joe I have 3 of these from REP.I posted these on SU last year.Do you want the others?:bandit:
You bet. Great stuff for the file!

Thankya!!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Sorry it took so long Joe I had to make a sketch of the other 2.LOL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks Freddy!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I thought everyone already had this.Glad I could help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts