Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a K&N FIPK2 system for a great price and I am wondering if a tune is required along with it or if it will just maximize the performance of the intake? If it isn't, is it pointless to just put the intake on and not do a tune and pulley? Which tunes and pulleys would you guys recommend? Is this a logical progression for the first performance mods? This is a great forum with a lot of good information-thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts
You need a tune for the intake. While you're at it, you might as well do a 2.65 stealth pulley from vmp, or a 2.6 metco. The pulley depends on the look you want. Stealth looks stock, metco lets everyone know you have a pulley.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Regardless of the price, in time you may regret the K&N. The C&L, JLT, FRPP all have a history of providing higher hp numbers. If 600+ rwhp is your goal, the MAF will peg with the K&N.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Regardless of the price, in time you may regret the K&N. The C&L, JLT, FRPP all have a history of providing higher hp numbers. If 600+ rwhp is your goal, the MAF will peg with the K&N.
+1 - nailed it

The others that will work are the Steeda, Whipple and KB CAI; I am sure there are others out there as well but the K&N is only a wise choice if you don't plan on going much further and the mods on these are addictive....this engine just feels like it has so much more potential every little piece you do...and after you do the LCAs, UCA and put in the short throw shifter you are just going to want to do more to the engine again....

·
Registered
662 Posts
+1 Also decide if you want to keep the strut bar...some will not clear.:zlurking:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Stay away from K&N. When I was new to the Shelby I was thinking about buying their CAI, and they told me I didn't need a tune with their intake. Good thing I didn't take their BS advice. Go with JLT or FRPP IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts