Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not getting my shelby till 08, which is when my other 2 cars r paid off.
But i was wondering what u ppl were getting for insurance quotes out there.
Im not asking for exacts, just ball park.
I know they will all be diff based on age and pts etc.
What about mid age fellas w/ no pts.
Which is where i fall into.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Im not getting my shelby till 08, which is when my other 2 cars r paid off.
But i was wondering what u ppl were getting for insurance quotes out there.
Im not asking for exacts, just ball park.
I know they will all be diff based on age and pts etc.
What about mid age fellas w/ no pts.
Which is where i fall into.
Use the search button,it has already been discussed.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Mine was going to be $525.00 per 6 months with multi car, and my house and motorcycles are under statefarm. I switched the insurance so the vehicle was classified as a pleasure vehicle being driven under 7500 miles a year and the insurance dropped to $ 465.00 per 6 months. Of course now I have to get rid of my ticket to keep it :)

And like 07 has said there is a thread on it with some good info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now thats a quote i like, what a deal.
And i never knew u could get a pleasure vehicle rate.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine was going to be $525.00 per 6 months with multi car, and my house and motorcycles are under statefarm. I switched the insurance so the vehicle was classified as a pleasure vehicle being driven under 7500 miles a year and the insurance dropped to $ 465.00 per 6 months.
I just added my GT500 to my AAA policy...$988/Year for a 42 y.o. w/a good driving record, multi-car discount and listed as a pleasure vehicle. About $50/yr. more than busa...I can live with that...:)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got mine for $694/year but I have it covered as a collectible car with certain restrictions - must be stored/garaged in a secure place and the driving is limited to pleasure driving or driving to auto shows/clubs. They also cap the mileage at 3,000 a year which won't be a problem for me as the car will be stored during the winter months.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I got mine for $694/year but I have it covered as a collectible car with certain restrictions - must be stored/garaged in a secure place and the driving is limited to pleasure driving or driving to auto shows/clubs. They also cap the mileage at 3,000 a year which won't be a problem for me as the car will be stored during the winter months.
Aldy, if you dont mind me asking who did you go through for that type of coverage?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a policy with J.C. Taylor Antique Auto Insurance Co. (800-345-8290) for a couple of other collectible cars I own. I didn't even think to contact them about my Shelby as it just seemed too new. But based on how I plan on using the GT500, perhaps a collector car policy with stringent conditions will be a less expensive way to go...I'm going to call them so stay tuned...and thanks for the reminder...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cornfay, it is through Condon and Skelly - their website is condonskelly.com. The specialize in collectible auto insurance. Be prepared to submit pictures (interior and exterior) of the vehicle, and answer a bunch of questions - they tend to be picky. It also helps if you tell them you plan on registering the car with an auto club - you don't need to do this but it helps on the application. I live in MN so the rates I think will be lower than perhaps someone living in the south because they factor in the car will see very limited driving or be stored during the winter months. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Aldy, Thansk a lot I will check it out, I live in the midwest too so I am more than likely a month or 2 away from departing with mine til spring, I would like to keep themileage down and this would help me make sure I did, thanks, and Shelbywise thanks for the other cmpy too, I will check them both out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
man how much longer am i going to be a damn newbie, i am about to pull a bogey and go light up every thread with the same comment.

·
Registered
150 Posts
For those of us who paid something above MSRP .... did you insure collision/comprehensive for "stated value" of $50K or $55K or whatever your final bottom-line was?
thanks.
I'll be in that boat in a few weeks-- hopefully:(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another option is Haggerty Insurance. They will insure a Shelby as an Exotic vehicle but their prices were a bit spendy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
For the first year, my insurer will only cover MSRP and not the amount I paid for the vehicle. Because the Shelby is new they really don't know the market value of these cars and want to wait a year to see where they end up at. They realize most are paying above MSRP but want to see where prices go after the inital hype perhaps dies off.

·
Registered
888 Posts
man how much longer am i going to be a damn newbie, i am about to pull a bogey and go light up every thread with the same comment.
I think it changes to Junior Member at 50 posts. After you answer this one, you will only need two more!

·
Registered
213 Posts
haha, thanks, i dont really feel like a newbie, but if the shoe fits i guess

·
Registered
37 Posts
My current insurance company will not insure a Shelby (Alfa Insurance).

State Farm and Progressive quotes were both around $800 for 6 months.

·
Registered
213 Posts
depending on how much you are going to drive it and your record state farm should be able to do better than that for you, have you looked into the 7,500 mile per year quote?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts