Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has installed the factory nav unit into a 2007 GT500. My car currently has the shaker 1000 sound system, but would like to know if the NAV unit will intergrate with the existing Shaker system? I know that there are lots of other NAV systems that will work, but would like to keep my system factory looking. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that it is either one or the other. You cannot have the Shaker 1000 and the factory nav system. Sorry!

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
You CAN install the nav radio in a car with Shaker 1000 but it is not plug n play. Requires some minor wiring chages to drive the inputs on the S1000 amps.

·
Registered
159 Posts
JC,

Have you installed a NAV system with the shaker 1000?

Thanks

Stew

·
Registered
300 Posts
JC,

Have you installed a NAV system with the shaker 1000?

Thanks

Stew
I did not install the nav unit. The Visteon dealer did. I helped wire the S1000 amps to the functioning system. Installing the nav in a S1000 car is the same as installing in an S500 from Visteon's point of view. The trunk subs will not work until they are rewired to be fed from the single sub output. The end result was a fully functional Nav/S1000 system though.

I also have added nav to my Job1 2007 car but its a S500 system originally and I added an aftermarket amp and sub to that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Stew

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Isn't the 08 different from the 09 unit ? How does it recieve the sat signal ?

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Isn't the 08 different from the 09 unit ? How does it recieve the sat signal ?
For the Mustang, 08 and 09 are the same. GPS signal comes from an antenna than mounts under the plastic dash and plugs in. Factory mounts it above the instrument cluster. Add on units usually place it above the center 2 vents. Its hidden under the dash and looks 'through' it and the windshield.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Cool thanks.. Now where can I get one ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts