Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I don't have my jackstands and couldn't fit under the car to get the ONE bolt out. I went to one of the stealerships to have them throw the mufflers on. They wanted $275!!!! R U kidding? and they all wonder why the American public turned on them so quickly. I am sooooo tired of dealerships BS. Between my FX-4, lightning and super-coupe I got nothing but stories of dissapointment after dissapointment. But the service attendant quietly recommended a local shop to me where I went and had them put on for $50 per side. I did see a sweet triple black KR while I waited at the dealership. SWEET ride. I Love these cans the sound is perfect IMHO. You can't even here them during normal driving and when you put your foot into it they let out a nice snarl. I didn't want an obnocious mustang. There's plenty of those on the road already. Plus they where cheaper than any of the alternative aftermarket pieces. I Love the tips, couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I backed mine up on a set of wood stepped ramps that I made with 2 x 10s. Got the rear high enough to remove/replace the mufflers. A 13mm ratcheting combo wrench makes removal much easier.

And I agree the KR mufflers sound great on an otherwise stock GT500 exhaust.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you guys read the installation instructions they tell you to remove the pipe in front of the the muffler first and then the muffler just slides off. How do i know this. I did it the hard way on my back struggling with the hanger bolt over the muffler, I finally got it in after much struggling. Then i read the installation instruction in the bottom of the box. One of these days i'll learn to read first

Good luck i went with svt1 axle backs but i do like the sound of the kr

Lloyd

·
Registered
65 Posts
I unbolted mine from the H pipe first, slid that pipe out then unbolted from the muffler. Once that was unbolted I removed that pipe, took out the mid pipes and then took off the mufflers. Easy to do but still a pain to wiggle the pipes out from over the axle lol. I used jackstands btw took me maybe 10 minutes by myself. Most of which was wiggling each pipe out from it's connection as I was retarted and did this as soon as I got to my buddies shop lol. Is it a bad thing that I did it without gloves and really didnt feel any heat?:rofl:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
so I don't have my jackstands and couldn't fit under the car to get the ONE bolt out. I went to one of the stealerships to have them throw the mufflers on. They wanted $275!!!! R U kidding? and they all wonder why the American public turned on them so quickly. I am sooooo tired of dealerships BS. Between my FX-4, lightning and super-coupe I got nothing but stories of dissapointment after dissapointment. But the service attendant quietly recommended a local shop to me where I went and had them put on for $50 per side. I did see a sweet triple black KR while I waited at the dealership. SWEET ride. I Love these cans the sound is perfect IMHO. You can't even here them during normal driving and when you put your foot into it they let out a nice snarl. I didn't want an obnocious mustang. There's plenty of those on the road already. Plus they where cheaper than any of the alternative aftermarket pieces. I Love the tips, couldn't be happier.
glad you got it done

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I read the instructions but chose to remove the two hanger/isolators for each muffler instead. I didn't want to touch the mid-pipe clamps if I didn't have to.

·
Registered
97 Posts
^ that was how I did it...very easy install....I didn't even jack up the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts