·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Goose17 and simba47

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
They can’t report it until Ford confirms it. They just confirmed it after the new car’s launch.
I completely understand that, I believe several with direct knowledge on here reported it. I know I shared it a while back and my information came directly from Shelby. Even after all that there are still dealers telling folks 2023 😂

·
Registered
2022 Shadow Black CFTP Shelby GT500 (in Production); 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR Recon
208 Posts
Well...I literally just took delivery of my Shadow Black 2022 GT500 CFTP a month ago (110 miles so far). Ordinarily, I would be less than pleased that a new version of the car has been released so close to the date that I purchased a car (yes, I understand no GT500 has been released yet for the next generation).

While the styling on the racing versions of the new Mustang is workable for me, I'm not overly enthused about the street versions. I had a 2018 ZL1 Camaro, so I can definitely see the similarities in the new Mustang. At this point I do not have any buyer's remorse which would make me want to purchase the new version of the Mustang. The new car does not grab me as a car I truly lust after. Perhaps this will change when more aggressive versions of the cars are released.

That said, it is good to see Ford continuing with V8s-- at least for now.

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
If any of y'all follow/friend Evan Smith on Facebook, he just dropped an AWESOME post that tosses a giant spear through all of this Camaro and Dodge hubbub, with supporting photos... I just don't know how to link a Facebook post to here. Perhaps someone else can do what I cannot LOL...

·
Registered
2022 GT500HE CFTP Painted N0012
330 Posts
What I’m trying to say is what if Ford Performance decided to have the SVT Cobra name/moniker resurface in a Ford only product. That is something they could conceivably do WITHOUT Shelby, yes? Or was part of the joint deal the exclusion of such use?
yes. They could do this. As I said before Ford owns the name “Cobra” for all 1970-up products, whereas Shelby owns it for 1960s and cars.

So yes, they could, but it would not have the Tiffany snake. They would have to create a new logo or use a snake that preceded the Tiffany snake.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I completely understand that, I believe several with direct knowledge on here reported it. I know I shared it a while back and my information came directly from Shelby. Even after all that there are still dealers telling folks 2023 😂
Totally understand, but sharing it on a forum is different than reporting via a story on a media source. I am a journalist, I have known since last September/October, but I like all others in the industry cannot say it as official news until Ford officially states it. Other than that, it would’ve been a story that Ford would not comment on or would deny with “we don’t speak about future products or plans that have not been officially announced.”

·
Registered
'22 HE CFTP + TP
149 Posts
yes. They could do this. As I said before Ford owns the name “Cobra” for all 1970-up products, whereas Shelby owns it for 1960s and cars.

So yes, they could, but it would not have the Tiffany snake. They would have to create a new logo or use a snake that preceded the Tiffany snake.
OK NOW THAT WOULD BE A COBRA.... amirite??

(hi Tim & Chris)

·
Registered
'22 HE CFTP + TP
149 Posts
Totally understand, but sharing it on a forum is different than reporting via a story on a media source. I am a journalist, I have known since last September/October, but I like all others in the industry cannot say it as official news until Ford officially states it. Other than that, it would’ve been a story that Ford would not comment on or would deny with “we don’t speak about future products or plans that have not been officially announced.”
Bet this man right here knows a lot of things since before Sept/Oct.... JEALOUS
I want to know if and when the next GT500 and the OEM Ford Shelby Mach-E are coming out for starters... sighs

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bet this man right here knows a lot of things since before Sept/Oct.... JEALOUS
I want to know if and when the next GT500 and the OEM Ford Shelby Mach-E are coming out for starters... sighs
Imagine knowing that long and then constantly seeing 2023 threads and not being able to just end it.

Chin Watch Gesture Musical instrument Thumb

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
If any of y'all follow/friend Evan Smith on Facebook, he just dropped an AWESOME post that tosses a giant spear through all of this Camaro and Dodge hubbub, with supporting photos... I just don't know how to link a Facebook post to here. Perhaps someone else can do what I cannot LOL...
Can someone with Facebook link this for us non Facebook people, please :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Here ya go Barb.....

Evan Smith

"I completely understand how difficult change is for some people, it takes time for new styling to grow on me, too, but good or bad, educate yourself before commenting publicly. Saying Ford styled the S650 after the Camaro or Charger is ridiculous. Do they share similarities? Yes, they share style cues, they have since the Camaro was introduced in 1967 (a beautiful design BTW). So does the BMW 4-Series for that matter.
First, there’s form and function, so changes were made to enhance cooling, air inlet to feed the MOST POWERFUL Coyote ever, improve aero and of course to evolve the vehicle. Ford also knows how iconic and passionate Mustang owners are. So… Ford is sure to maintain key styling cues that tie Mustang to its heritage. Overall, some will like the direction of styling, others won’t. That’s okay.
Second, many cars look alike or have similar traits (see attached photos), as there’s a thing called styling trends. They evolve with gov requirements, design trends, etc. I’m reading so many negative comments by people who call themselves enthusiasts, but clearly don’t understand design, trends or the fact that automakers are faced with thousands of challenges and regulations when building new models. It’s freaking hard to get it right. If you saw what I saw last week you’d know how important it is to the humans who work there to deliver a perfect Mustang. We’re you expecting a 1969 Mustang Wednesday night?
Third, how about checking out the new Mustang in person before locking in your opinion. See the lines and design before dropping oversimplified, common-man comments. I mean, the silhouette hasn’t really changed much, so where were these comments in 2015?
How about enjoy the fact that Ford has passionate engineers, designers, and other employees who keep making the car faster, safer, smarter, with a V8 and manual, so YOU can enjoy your hobby? And if you truly don’t like it, explain why in detail, sound educated instead of acting like cry-baby sheep.
Lastly, why would Ford copy anything? With the exception of 2021, Mustang has outsold Camaro and Challenger every year since 2015 (and a bunch before that). The Mustang is the only pony car to run consecutively for 58 years, while the others have died before and are about to die again. Now look at the photos, you’ll see similarities in design and shapes across all brands. And most of all, have a great weekend! Yes, they share style cues, they have since the Camaro was introduced in 1967 (a beautiful design BTW)."

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Tire

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
Barb, Me and my wife Have a Facebook account, her school made her get it, we share the one account. If it was up to me we would not have it, it even has a phony name Zirene Falfa, Zirene from my Wife's first name (Irene) Falfa from Bob Falfa in the movie American Graffiti, nice 55 Chevy, and love the Yellow 32 Ford.

I post only car pictures, and she uses it for school reasons, Facebook is hurting our Society IMO. Happy to hear, you are not a FB Junkie :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
Here ya go Barb.....

Evan Smith

"I completely understand how difficult change is for some people, it takes time for new styling to grow on me, too, but good or bad, educate yourself before commenting publicly. Saying Ford styled the S650 after the Camaro or Charger is ridiculous. Do they share similarities? Yes, they share style cues, they have since the Camaro was introduced in 1967 (a beautiful design BTW). So does the BMW 4-Series for that matter.
First, there’s form and function, so changes were made to enhance cooling, air inlet to feed the MOST POWERFUL Coyote ever, improve aero and of course to evolve the vehicle. Ford also knows how iconic and passionate Mustang owners are. So… Ford is sure to maintain key styling cues that tie Mustang to its heritage. Overall, some will like the direction of styling, others won’t. That’s okay.
Second, many cars look alike or have similar traits (see attached photos), as there’s a thing called styling trends. They evolve with gov requirements, design trends, etc. I’m reading so many negative comments by people who call themselves enthusiasts, but clearly don’t understand design, trends or the fact that automakers are faced with thousands of challenges and regulations when building new models. It’s freaking hard to get it right. If you saw what I saw last week you’d know how important it is to the humans who work there to deliver a perfect Mustang. We’re you expecting a 1969 Mustang Wednesday night?
Third, how about checking out the new Mustang in person before locking in your opinion. See the lines and design before dropping oversimplified, common-man comments. I mean, the silhouette hasn’t really changed much, so where were these comments in 2015?
How about enjoy the fact that Ford has passionate engineers, designers, and other employees who keep making the car faster, safer, smarter, with a V8 and manual, so YOU can enjoy your hobby? And if you truly don’t like it, explain why in detail, sound educated instead of acting like cry-baby sheep.
Lastly, why would Ford copy anything? With the exception of 2021, Mustang has outsold Camaro and Challenger every year since 2015 (and a bunch before that). The Mustang is the only pony car to run consecutively for 58 years, while the others have died before and are about to die again. Now look at the photos, you’ll see similarities in design and shapes across all brands. And most of all, have a great weekend! Yes, they share style cues, they have since the Camaro was introduced in 1967 (a beautiful design BTW)."

View attachment 247216

View attachment 247218

View attachment 247219

View attachment 247220

View attachment 247221

View attachment 247222

View attachment 247223
Love all the older cars you posted;)

Oh I agree with you (y)

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange HP GT500
589 Posts
Barb, Me and my wife Have a Facebook account, her school made her get it, we share the one account. If it was up to me we would not have it, it even has a phony name Zirene Falfa, Zirene from my Wife's first name (Irene) Falfa from Bob Falfa in the movie American Graffiti, nice 55 Chevy, and love the Yellow 32 Ford.

I post only car pictures, and she uses it for school reasons, Facebook is hurting our Society IMO. Happy to hear, you are not a FB Junkie :ROFLMAO:
I was on Facebook for about a week, then logged out and never looked back. I refuse to waste my valuable time.....randomly.........surfing........forums.

Hey, wait a minute!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,067 Posts
Hey, wait a minute!!!!!!
Chris, this is different, people here love GT500's and cars in general, not posting pictures of there dinner, or watering there lawn and other who cares things they post on GPFB.( GOOFY PEOPLE FACEBOOK:ROFLMAO:

161 - 180 of 214 Posts