Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT350
3,060 Posts
The two pieces of glass are soul less and emotionless. I spend all day looking at two or three digital screens, Having two vertical boring screens to control my car is just lame and uninspired.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The two pieces of glass are soul less and emotionless. I spend all day looking at two or three digital screens, Having two vertical boring screens to control my car is just lame and uninspired.
I did like the customization though. Fox gauge option. That would be a cool retro. BUT I don’t care how much they make it more fancy, top-tier performance in the line just took a hit. Not anywhere near last gen Shelby it appears.
the drifters will like the drift system. Not on my list of wants.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
3,060 Posts
I did like the customization though. Fox gauge option. That would be a cool retro. BUT I don’t care how much they make it more fancy, top-tier performance in the line just took a hit. Not anywhere near last gen Shelby it appears.
the drifters will like the drift system. Noton my list of wants.
To be fair though, Ford didn't launch the GT350 or GT500 at the launch of the S550 either. I think they GT350 launched at the Detroit Auto Show a while after the S550 launched. Dark Horse seems to just be their new "Bullit", "Mach 1" or wahtever.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Hvac controls look too similar to current Camaro. Also looks like the door panels and center console are just about identical. Was expecting them to finally go to adjustable height seatbelts too, but they look the same as the S550.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hvac controls look too similar to current Camaro. Also looks like the door panels and center console are just about identical. Was expecting them to finally go to adjustable height seatbelts too, but they look the same as the S550.
Form over function. They said you can customize the color of the belts……..oh yay (….said no one)

·
Registered
2014 GT500
621 Posts
It’s probably a matter of time before they get sued by a stampede of Dark Horses that take offense to the name.

I’ve always had a problem with "Cracker Barrel" and might start a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Unfortunately that is the apparent next level evolution in more & more cars....... Curious how many naysayers there were when the 12" digital dash in the Mustang was an option to the traditional dials? It's all relative I suppose...

·
Registered
2014 GT500
621 Posts
Hmmmmm, which seems more badass to you guys? Granted we MAY BE A TAD BIASED. But think they could have done that one a bit better???
View attachment 247039

View attachment 247041
The snake will ALWAYS reign supreme. It will probably return, too. Maybe not on a Shelby but maybe they’ll bring the Cobra back, which wouldn’t be all bad.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts