Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems we’ve talked about it for ever, but I wanted to let you all know we are getting closer to completing the JLT “Fresh air kit” for the GT500.
This kit uses the factory holes in the GT500 front bumper meant for the FRPP Brake Cooling Kit, but instead brings that cool fresh air to the JLT CAI filter under the hood.
These holes are built into your bumper and are used as a guide to drill through your grille to get the air in.

We have been using this kit on out GT500 all summer and have seen IAT’s in the +/- ambient air temp when at speed. Heck, now I use my AeroForce scan gauge to check out side temps on the IAT reading.
I will be doing some more detailed testing to show proof of lower IAT’s with this kit here to come.
By now you’ve all seen the Billet Grille Bezels we just released that were designed to go with this Fresh Air Kit.

Parts are in the process of being made and ordered, so I don’t have pricing yet, but will soon. Please expect another 3-4 weeks before production units are ready to ship.
As test data and pricing comes up I will post it here. Thank you for your patients.

Thanks and take a look at the kit below.

Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks interesting - but, I guess one has to choose between brake cooling and air cooling. Cant have both.

Do you have a pic of the factory holes b/f inserting the aftermarket rings?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would like to see how this system ties into your CAI, any more pics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts