Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to do.. I can get an 03 greddy twin turbo 350z show car that is tuned to 496hp and has everything (and more) that I would want to do to it for roughly $24,000 that I can buy right now.. or should I hold out for another year or so when I can afford the gt500?? 45k + 6k in upgrades Id want right off the bat... comes down to 24k for 500hp or 50k for 650hp??

also: I like the sophisticated, mature look of the Z (and having a bit of a suprize under the hood) vs the everyone knows what you have straight up muscle car... but Ive always been a mustang guy... ??

Help me guys...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Gt500.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you bought the 350Z, could you get your money out of it should it not live up to your expectations? If so, get the 350Z! I like the 350Z without all the HP you are talking about. I LOVE the GT500 and I only have a CAI to enhance the power.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Not sure what to do.. I can get an 03 greddy twin turbo 350z show car that is tuned to 496hp and has everything (and more) that I would want to do to it for roughly $24,000 that I can buy right now.. or should I hold out for another year or so when I can afford the gt500?? 45k + 6k in upgrades Id want right off the bat... comes down to 24k for 500hp or 50k for 650hp??

also: I like the sophisticated, mature look of the Z (and having a bit of a suprize under the hood) vs the everyone knows what you have straight up muscle car... but Ive always been a mustang guy... ??

Help me guys...

I would say about 90% of the people here have a GT 500.What do think most are going to say?The real question is what do you want?If you are Mustang guy you've answered your own question.If it comes down to 24k for 500hp or 50k for 650hp I think you are buying the GT 500 for the wrong reasons.What do you think?

·
Registered
861 Posts
OK, you are on a GT500 website asking this question! And if you were on a 350Z website you would be the same thing! Everyone on the site would steer you towards the same car.

I will try to give you my honest opnion and I will try not to be bias.

If Price is a factor: get the 350z (sounds like a good deal) but it is used and you might not know how badly used!

If you are a Mustang Guy: No doubt get the GT500! (you will apriciate it and respect it more) that means a lot!

If want want best bang for the buck: Get the 350Z

If you want to be faster: Sounds like the 350Z is faster (lighter)!

BUT I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW........IF YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE A CELEB'..... GET THE GT500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't go to the gas station with out atleast 3 people stoping me for Questions! I am more than willing to bet anything, that any 350z or Z06 or Viper gets this much attention every time they stop to get gas!

Bottom line is WHAT DO YOU WANT?

JJ

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
BUT I AM TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW........IF YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE A CELEB'..... GET THE GT500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't go to the gas station with out atleast 3 people stoping me for Questions! I am more than willing to bet anything, that any 350z or Z06 or Viper gets this much attention every time they stop to get gas!

JJ
Imagine what's it's going to be like after folks see "I Am Legend" Talk about celeb status!

Video: Deer hunting in a GT500

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm going to drive my red/white GT500 to the theater to see the movie next week.:D Maybe I should get a tag that says: IAMLGND or just LEGEND. LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Are they making the 350Z again? When did that happen... I thought they stopped production? Why not get a Camaro or a Trans-Am...

No.. I think they stopped making those too..

Guess the GT500 is the best bet.

TD

·
Registered
861 Posts
Are they making the 350Z again? When did that happen... I thought they stopped production? Why not get a Camaro or a Trans-Am...

No.. I think they stopped making those too..

Guess the GT500 is the best bet.

TD
he was talking about a used Z.....lol

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
wtf......he is chasing deer...lol......but the car looks and sounds good!

JJ

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've been a Mustang guy for 30+ years. The Shelby is my 7th Mustang and is, by far, the best in every way (handling, performance, ride, etc.) Not to mention the classic looks beats the 350Z hands down! If you are truly a Mustang guy, go for the Shelby. It's worth the wait!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts