Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove a 2010 GTR on Saturday and all I can say is awsome in every respect. Now to convince the wife to keep the muscle car and compliment it with a super car. Since I will be picking the car up on Wednesday, time is of the essence.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Someone's loaded...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Drove a 2010 GTR on Saturday and all I can say is awsome in every respect. Now to convince the wife to keep the muscle car and compliment it with a super car. Since I will be picking the car up on Wednesday, time is of the essence.
Ummmm..... let me know how this works out for you, as the young lady sitting next to me wants one also.... Fortunatly, for me, and our Shelby, she wants to keep both, as long as I understand that the GTR is HERS.... I wonder if she will let me drive it every now and again?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I buy all my vehicles that way, today I got her a new one a nissan armada premium. I figure she won't say no if I don't ask. I thought it would be nice to let her have a turn. I think she will be surprised thursday its her birthday. She has no idea she is getting it.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
I don't know...call me a modern woman.....though I would LOVE a car as a birthday gift...I would be insulted if my man didn't take me with him to pick out the exact options I want...kind of like being taken to dinner...very nice...but I'll order for myself....lol

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been married for longer than I would like to post and I have yet to discuss an automobile purchase with my wife. It's not that I do not want to share the decision with her, it's just not that important to her. Her passion is gardening, and if I were to make a decision there without discussion I would be in deep s**t. My dilema is easing her into the decsion of keeping both. You know honey I am holding on to get my price. After some time all will be forgotten. Sounds good in theory anyway.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Man...my Dad would LOVE for my Mom to be like that..haha...but she is easily swayed by him, anyways...so even though she initially wanted a PTcruiser a few years back...my Dad easily talked her out of it.....haha.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been married for longer than I would like to post and I have yet to discuss an automobile purchase with my wife. It's not that I do not want to share the decision with her, it's just not that important to her.
My wife is the exact same way. Her vehicle is a mode of transportation to her. It better fit everything she needs to get into it (meaning kids, and kids' friends, etc), be extremely reliable, be comfortable, and convenient. She's picked out a couple of the cars we've bought her since we've been married (19+ yrs), but trusts my judgment completely.

As far as my vehicles... she doesn't care in the least. She almost never rides in them, and she doesn't drive a stickshift, so she only drives the trucks occasionally, and that's only if her vehicle is unavailable (a rarity). If I had a 10-car garage, she'd let me fill it... so long as we keep our house and have food on the table.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife is the exact same way. Her vehicle is a mode of transportation to her. It better fit everything she needs to get into it (meaning kids, and kids' friends, etc), be extremely reliable, be comfortable, and convenient. She's picked out a couple of the cars we've bought her since we've been married (19+ yrs), but trusts my judgment completely.

As far as my vehicles... she doesn't care in the least. She almost never rides in them, and she doesn't drive a stickshift, so she only drives the trucks occasionally, and that's only if her vehicle is unavailable (a rarity). If I had a 10-car garage, she'd let me fill it... so long as we keep our house and have food on the table.
Sounds like we are both married to the same woman.LOL.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My motto is "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sounds like we are both married to the same woman.LOL.
LOL, ok, we have been following this thread with some interest, and amusment, and my wife wants to know if either of you need a concubine? or second wife, SHE says she's not expensive.... and she is a GREAT wrench turner and driver! LMAO

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, ok, we have been following this thread with some interest, and amusment, and my wife wants to know if either of you need a concubine? or second wife, SHE says she's not expensive.... and she is a GREAT wrench turner and driver! LMAO
Concubine? I'm lost or should I say SOLD! She sounds like just the ticket.:) You are a lucky man subsailor. Need I say any more!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Concubine? I'm lost or should I say SOLD! She sounds like just the ticket.:) You are a lucky man subsailor. Need I say any more!
Yeah, i think i am lucky to, she is GREAT, how many other wives would share thier wedding portrait with a pair of GT500's?? I better keep her, huh? lol

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Yeah...you guys have great wives...the stereotype is that wives don't let their husbands keep or have the cars they love...and you know what they say about stereotypes...you guys are fortunate!...lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah...you guys have great wives...the stereotype is that wives don't let their husbands keep or have the cars they love...and you know what they say about stereotypes...you guys are fortunate!...lol
What do they say??? lol, yeah, i am thinking most on here have tolerant better halves at the very least. Some of us are lucky enough to have motorhead spouses as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yep... 19+ years, happily married. I guess it all started when after 3 mos of marriage I bought a new '90 Mustang 5.0...and immediately started modding it. I'm at home wrenching on my car in the garage, compared to spending 5 hrs a Saturday playing golf.

Now, once I installed the roll cage in that car due to the track safety regs, I got a dirty look b/c she was nervous I was going to pile it up and she'd be a young 22yr old widow.

She knows my/our priorities are straight and the family comes first and anything material is way down on the list. I'd dump the vehicles in a heartbeat if it came to it. She trusts me that way, and I'm certainly thankful.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,957 Posts
You bought a car without discussing it with your wife, first?..I would be pissed......
And that's why she's got a GT500 and is still single :rofl:. Just kidding Melissa, it all depends on the girl and what her thing is. Yours happens to be cars...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well pulled the trigger yesterday and a Gun Metal Grey 2010 GTR is sitting in the garage. Now to find the time to drive both. The car is absolutely awsome, but the muscle car feel of the Shelby is in a league of its own.

·
Registered
867 Posts
What did the GTR end up running you?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts