Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know i post weird things here but i get the best advice with this forum compared to others so untill im told stop im gonna keep postin馃槈. My question, Is anyone here into the utvs?

Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
No UTV yet. Still using my old, reliable '03 Sportsman 700.

Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
Not really, but more importantly, why? I'm sure I can offer some terrible advice like a Busa motor fits great in there :p

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Not really, but more importantly, why? I'm sure I can offer some terrible advice like a Busa motor fits great in there :p
Lol. please,i was figuring out how i can turbo it the day i picked up at dealer馃槀馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔.trying to get some ideas for useful upgrades instead of just dumping Unnecessary money into it like i do everything. And to talk about the different terrains setups

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
and riding security id guess id say lol. Is thrre like an animal mace/spray to keep with me?Last trip out i saw a bear and didnt know whether to out run it or run it over so i threw my bag of twizzlers at it and took off full throttle 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
If it doesn't already have a winch that would be my first recommendation. I use mine consistently. My "riding security" is a SR45.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
If it doesn't already have a winch that would be my first recommendation. I use mine consistently. My "riding security" is a SR45.
Lol i dont like guns so for now its bags a candy馃槣.I did the winch, full windsheild, rear view&side mirrors so far and just ordered the light bars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Let me rephrase that, I have nothing against Guns I just personally rather not have one LOL

Registered
Let me rephrase that, I have nothing against Guns I just personally rather not have one LOL
Understandable. Not for everyone. My sidearm in the military was a 1911 so I kinda feel vulnerable without one. I see you are located in NY. I also have a 60 inch Warn blade for mine I use to plow the snow off our driveway. Our driveway is 800 ft. long so I don't have a choice if we want to get out after a lot of snow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Understandable. Not for everyone. My sidearm in the military was a 1911 so I kinda feel vulnerable without one. I see you are located in NY. I also have a 60 inch Warn blade for mine I use to plow the snow off our driveway. Our driveway is 800 ft. long so I don't have a choice if we want to get out after a lot of snow.
800鈥 WOW thats long.plow is a nice upgrade but idk if I鈥檇 use it,700 for the setup 馃

Registered
800鈥 WOW thats long.plow is a nice upgrade but idk if I鈥檇 use it,700 for the setup 馃
Yep. For me it鈥檚 a necessity but I really don鈥檛 mind. It鈥檚 fun. I will plow a couple of my neighbors as well. Older gentlemen living across the street and next door. Used to have to ride down the road a couple of miles to plow my wife鈥檚 uncle鈥檚 driveway when he was alive.
Wasn鈥檛 sure of your situation. A smaller blade would work just fine. For me 3 passes and the longest part is cleared unless the snow is measured in feet vs inches. That doesn鈥檛 happen here very often.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Over 120 hp if you want to get it done faster, LOL.
View attachment 196023
WOW, now that is a sick machine馃敟.i was looking at the 2 seaters at first but figured the T4 was best fit For us. We bought to mainly Pull our boat and drive around mountain where we have our country house. your machine is so sick, what鈥檚 done to it?

Registered
Performance Upgrades: Upgraded the front differential to a Halo 30 Locker with a billet case and chromoly carrier and added 33 spline Turner axles. New clutches and belt. Flashed the computer so it now has 212hp. Also added an air separator.

Just to make it look badass upgrades: Wheels, tires and custom-made (here at the house) nerf bars, roof and wings. Replaced stock seats with heated racing seats and added after market decals.

For added safety: Warn winch, several extra lights and Custom built (here at the house) roll cage.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
Over 120 hp if you want to get it done faster, LOL.
View attachment 196023
Welcome to the forum Bobbie!

That looks like one hell of a ride!:eek:

Any word on when your 2020 GT500 is coming?

If you are up for introducing yourself and telling us about your incoming ride, you鈥檒l find our new member area here:

Registered
2009 gt500 ported tvs 700hp, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
I鈥檝e got a 2014 can am maverick 1000r lifted on 30s go to brimstone and windrock a few times a year we love ours like tackling the big trails lol

Registered
2009 gt500 ported tvs 700hp, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
And I鈥檝e got the rmz450 for whenever I feel like being incredibly sore for a cpl days
852594CC-74DA-44E9-886D-E5F243DC7C9A.jpeg
6ECFECC7-D2FB-409E-A736-C54E9399811D.jpeg
51F43863-E199-45EE-A316-E52434E5B43C.jpeg

Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
Stumbled across this different look for a UTV a few weeks ago. Reviews on it are very good, and I love the idea of a small turbo diesel. Not cheap, and not technically street legal even though it looks like an old street legal vehicle. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts