Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this car was posted in another thread here. I purchased it from the insurance company with 335 miles and am planning a project with it.

I am taking the complete drivetrain out of the vehicle and transplanting it into my 1968 Mustang Fastback Time Attack car I'm building.

I built a fixture where we can mount the drivetrain and get it all running outside of the chassis so I can test components and figure out what I can get rid of to run it with the least amount of useless junk we can.

The goal is to have the drivetrain simplified and retain as much OEM engineering as possible (engine/trans tuning, ABS, traction control, remote start, keyless, etc)

It was hit pretty hard in the front, so I need to purchase some replacment parts, but it's quite the project!

Anybody want to buy the leftovers?? 馃ぃ

It's all apart and this is what I have to sort through now....

More Pics

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
Hey guys, this car was posted in another thread here. I purchased it from the insurance company with 335 miles and am planning a project with it.

I am taking the complete drivetrain out of the vehicle and transplanting it into my 1968 Mustang Fastback Time Attack car I'm building.

I built a fixture where we can mount the drivetrain and get it all running outside of the chassis so I can test components and figure out what I can get rid of to run it with the least amount of useless junk we can.

The goal is to have the drivetrain simplified and retain as much OEM engineering as possible (engine/trans tuning, ABS, traction control, remote start, keyless, etc)

It was hit pretty hard in the front, so I need to purchase some replacment parts, but it's quite the project!

Anybody want to buy the leftovers?? 馃ぃ

It's all apart and this is what I have to sort through now....

More Pics

Fantastic! Pm sent.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
Also sent a PM. Here鈥檚 to hoping Tim and I are not interested in the same thing!
My car already has the CF dash. I hope you get it Jason!

Registered
Very cool!

Premium Member
Jeez. A little Turtle Wax and some TLC was all it needed. 馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
So, this is the same one that was mentioned on this site 2 months ago that Copart had with 335.5 miles on it. It had an est. retail value at that time of $88,623. I hope you got it for less than that. :geek:

Are you gonna have to modify the shock towers to get it to fit?

Reactions: Goose17

Registered
You selling the seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 GT500 Magnetic, 2013 GT500 Black
Wow, great sounding project, melding old with new. Will be quite a challenge getting all this to fit in the 68. Please keep us posted on the progress of the project!

Reactions: Goose17

Registered
2014 GT500
What a cool project! This is my all-time favorite FrankenStang (pronounced FRONKenStang).........

I hope that you鈥榣l show us periodic updates on this project.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
What a cool project! This is my all-time favorite FrankenStang (pronounced FRONKenStang)......... View attachment 209902

I hope that you鈥榣l show us periodic updates on this project.
As a big fan of Young Frankenstein, that was FUNNY! 馃槅
I'm interested in the steering wheel and the back seats.
Welcome to the forum! If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you鈥檒l find our new member area here:

Reactions: bdhenry

Registered
Excellent project! Doing IRS and the like? Also curious on steering wheel, center console, strut brace and probably some others I can鈥檛 think of

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
So, this is the same one that was mentioned on this site 2 months ago that Copart had with 335.5 miles on it. It had an est. retail value at that time of $88,623. I hope you got it for less than that. :geek:

Are you gonna have to modify the shock towers to get it to fit?
That's the one! It was NOT cheap let me tell you...

You selling the seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! was going to sell the complete set.

I'm interested in the wheels if they are not ruined.
The front wheel was damaged, but the other 3 are good!
curious about this brake setup - how much you looking for it?!
[/QUOTE]
I was kicking around the idea of selling all the brakes as a set.

Excellent project! Doing IRS and the like? Also curious on steering wheel, center console, strut brace and probably some others I can鈥檛 think of
Doing a cambered rear 9" axle from Cortex Racing.

Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
As someone who deeply recognizes mechanic is not something that I am.... I'm both impressed and frightened by your pics :ROFLMAO:

Moderator/Admin Dude!
That's the one! It was NOT cheap let me tell you...

Yes! was going to sell the complete set.

The front wheel was damaged, but the other 3 are good!

curious about this brake setup - how much you looking for it?!
Click on your upper right avatar/conversations to reply to the PMs sent your way.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Whoa! Someone asked about purchasing the strut brace so I called the dealer to see what they go for and he told me $2,877... Are they serious? That's insane.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts