Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Welcome back. What happened to your old car?

Robert is correct. Here are the production statistics.
I sold it to buy a 71 340 Duster, then my wife told me she wish I never sold the Shelby (After 38 years, thats code for it's okay to buy another one if you want...LOL), so I did. I sold my 07 to a great guy, he lives in the same town as this car. He's going over to get me a pics of both cars together - he's a 72 yr old Green Beret, Vietnam Vet - super guy!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome back. What happened to your old car?

Robert is correct. Here are the production statistics.
I did not realize that Black/Ebony stripes were not offered in 2007 and between the White and Black stripes, White is wayyy more common.......and as I thought, Silver is a rare stripe color, the rarest.

R

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow - it looks like only 34 2009 coupes were sent out as Torch Red w/Silver stripes.... thanks guys!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The stripes are starting to really grow on me so I will take the advice of our beloved moderators and keep them, LOL. Car gets picked up on Thursday in AZ and will be heading here.... ugh... just took this pick out of my office window here in MA. It's early to be snowing like this with mounds of plowed snow the size of the ones we see in Feb, March... it's going to be a long winter.

·
Super Moderator
4,792 Posts
The stripes are starting to really grow on me so I will take the advice of our beloved moderators and keep them, LOL. Car gets picked up on Thursday in AZ and will be heading here.... ugh... just took this pick out of my office window here in MA. It's early to be snowing like this with mounds of plowed snow the size of the ones we see in Feb, March... it's going to be a long winter.

View attachment 194644
We’re praying for a clear sunny delivery day with dry roads for you, Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
@dcastine
I say keep the Silver stripes. They look Great. What part of MA are you from. I was born in Weymouth and Lived in Cohasset for 30+ years before moving to SoCal. Once in a while we would see snow on Thanksgiving day. Miss the snow, but at my age maybe not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
@dcastine
I say keep the Silver stripes. They look Great. What part of MA are you from. I was born in Weymouth and Lived in Cohasset for 30+ years before moving to SoCal. Once in a while we would see snow on Thanksgiving day. Miss the snow, but at my age maybe not.
Wakefield, MA - I'm North Shore Dave and you're South Shore Dave!

I travel to SoCAL a lot - my wife and I almost moved to Laguna Niguel a few years back - great people out there, killer cahs too, LOL

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
Glad you are keeping the stripes! I like the look, and it reminds me of the KRs.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts