Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving Folks!

Just bought a "New to me" Shelby GT500 last night, a one owner 2009 with 11k original miles and has been left completely stock - down to the original tires which I will be replacing (BUT NOT WITH DAMN F1's again) - it's good to be back!

Here are a couple pics, when the car gets here from Tuscon AZ I'll get more.

I will be removing the "over the top" stripes and "fixing" the trunk letters very soon....

Have a great day everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!
Just removing the stripes for preference or is there an issue? I really like the looks of the red with silver stripes. Keep us posted

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats and welcome back!
Just removing the stripes for preference or is there an issue? I really like the looks of the red with silver stripes. Keep us posted
Just not a stripe guy I guess, but I do like that they're silver and not white so I may have to give it a little "soak" time...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Glad you’re back! Red is a good look.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Welcome back. Still have the Duster?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I like the Silver stripes also, they are more unique than the more common White stripes. I originally had Black OTT stripes and they were stripped off by Shelby and restriped in the Super Snake pattern.

I believe that the Silver stripes are the rarest of the White, Black and Silver stripe options? <<<Not including Red stripe option since we are discussing a Torch Red car..........Wouldn't that be unique, a Red stripe optioned Torch Red body???

It would be interesting to see the build numbers on Silver vs. stripe delete........

R

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice looking ride. When I bought my 09 New I did a few easy Mods and they really helped me enjoy the car:

No drill Hood Struts
Pass Side JLT Oil Separator
R. H/R Springs and an Adj. Panhard Bar. Looked good and rode well, sat level.
Ford Racing Cold Air, Tuner, Tune. Ran well and kept the warranty. Lots of other options available now
Axleback Exhaust. Way too quiet stock. Lots of options here. Good luck and enjoy the Shelby!!

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
Welcome back Dave..you didn't have the last one long enough to appreciate it. Sometimes in life you get a second chance. Enjoy she's a beaut

Joe

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Welcome back. What happened to your old car?

I believe that the Silver stripes are the rarest of the White, Black and Silver stripe options? <<<Not including Red stripe option since we are discussing a Torch Red car..........Wouldn't that be unique, a Red stripe optioned Torch Red body???
Robert is correct. Here are the production statistics.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome back. Still have the Duster?
Yes I still have the Duster, last run I did was 10.9 at 128mph - they stopped me running any more without a roll bar...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Beautiful car. I almost bought it myself, but I wanted the red interior. Congrats.
It was between this car and a 2013 Boss 302 with 30k miles. I just liked the Shelby a tad more, price was very reasonable I though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts