Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are 03 cobra owners just to give you a history. I bought our 03 on D-plan and was one of the first delivery's when they started hitting the showroom. I found an awesome dealer that was'nt hard to get along with. It was the quickest and easy buying exp ever. So i call up the dealer (who is 90 miles away), they are getting 4 more and i talked to the sm and he tells me he'll be willing to do msrp when the hoopla dies down a bit. That's great news for those of us that can stand to wait. It's hard not to be the first to own one in your town and i can see how many folks just can't hold back. All of us still waiting know how hard the wait is. I was just curious if ANYONE here is getting msrp? I am in the used car business and i understand the dealers getting all they can while they can i totally get that but for those of us waiting for things to get better with pricing is anyone out there getting a great deal NOW? My guy tells me it took about 4 months for the 03 cobra craze to die down and about 9 months on the gt to fizzle out so i'm hoping these huge mark ups on the gt500 die out somewhere in between it'd be great to get one before christmas. Just asking what your thoughts are on the pricing trend. Awesome board btw.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It is all speculation, isn't it? Actually, you probably have a better idea as to how the pricing could change than most because you are in the business, plus you have purchased similar type cars before. Some fortunate souls on this and other forums have been able to obtain at MSRP and even below. Others have been less fortunate, but most are pleased with the deals they have made.

The frenzy has to die down sooner or later, but I think to get one delivered by this Christmas at MSRP would be like winning the lottery! Someone is going to do it, but it won't be me! The amount of Shelbys that are planned to be produced appear to be far less than the number of people out there that are determined to own one.

I paid $5k over for the privilege of owning one of the first Shelbys out the door! I don't regret it at all. As far as I know, there are only two in the Charleston, SC area so far, and mine hit the ground at my dealership before the other one did! That doesn't mean much, but the other guy can't say that and I bet he wishes he could!

This is easily the best car I have ever driven. I hope you are successful in getting one at a price you can live with. I wish you the best of luck! You are going to love this car!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was one of the lucky ones I hope. I had a couple of deals at up to $19500 over ,but luckily I kept searching and found a small town dealer that signed a deal for $200 under MSRP. I got out of the other deals, but until I have the car in my garage I won't believe the $200 under. I have been on mtl. hold since May, with no VIN. I was told hopefully I will get a VIN in Sept. We will see. I can't fault anyone for their deals because I had accepted some at high ADM also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congradulations on getting your ride! I know we'll love the car when we actually get it. LOL It would be nice to have it for the holidays but we can wait. Something as i get older i am learning to be more patience. :) Dsabledvt what a great deal! I hope that works out for you there are some great dealers around just some are so greedy at first. I know when i got the cobra on d plan everyone on the svt pre forum i could tell truly doubted me. It was just no heard of everyone was still paying 8k-10k mark up then. So don't doubt your dealer they will stick it out and give you your deal. I know if i told you a deal i'd stick to it. Maybe i'll search out some dealers down in FL and see what they have and try to deal with them. I really loved the terminator and i can't wait to have a shelby!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
We are 03 cobra owners just to give you a history. I bought our 03 on D-plan and was one of the first delivery's when they started hitting the showroom. I found an awesome dealer that was'nt hard to get along with. It was the quickest and easy buying exp ever. So i call up the dealer (who is 90 miles away), they are getting 4 more and i talked to the sm and he tells me he'll be willing to do msrp when the hoopla dies down a bit. That's great news for those of us that can stand to wait. It's hard not to be the first to own one in your town and i can see how many folks just can't hold back. All of us still waiting know how hard the wait is. I was just curious if ANYONE here is getting msrp? I am in the used car business and i understand the dealers getting all they can while they can i totally get that but for those of us waiting for things to get better with pricing is anyone out there getting a great deal NOW? My guy tells me it took about 4 months for the 03 cobra craze to die down and about 9 months on the gt to fizzle out so i'm hoping these huge mark ups on the gt500 die out somewhere in between it'd be great to get one before christmas. Just asking what your thoughts are on the pricing trend. Awesome board btw.

Unless you have it in writing and signed by the sales manager, what they tell you means nothing. We've seen many many people with such verbal deals that have been broken.

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, I was speaking of my buying of the 2003 cobra in 0ct 2002. Not a the shelby. No written deal was made just a verbal we did the paperwork i wrote a check picked up the car and that was it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts