Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone into open track and road course racing on this forum?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
is anyone into open track and road course racing on this forum?
I've never done any open track or road course racing, but I'm going to try to get into it. It looks like a blast. I'm going to try my first Autocross in June at the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never done any open track or road course racing, but I'm going to try to get into it. It looks like a blast. I'm going to try my first Autocross in June at the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup.
be prepared....its VERY addicting! :D

autocross is fun, and open track is autocross on steroids! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on doing some more of it this year as well. It is not for the faint of heart though.
like I tell everyone, just start in the beginners group, where you'll get an instructor, and take it slow....go at whatever pace your comfortable with....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
like I tell everyone, just start in the beginners group, where you'll get an instructor, and take it slow....go at whatever pace your comfortable with....
That's basicly what I did last time out ...concentrated on being smooth although as I became more confident I got faster. The real speed will come later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's basicly what I did last time out ...concentrated on being smooth although as I became more confident I got faster. The real speed will come later.
that's the best way....I had several decent instructors and listened to a bunch of very good, very experienced drivers over the years....its amazing how much you can learn from them....grab as many rides with different instructors at the events you attend, get different views, and try them all....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts