Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this message today via the carfax application. Anyone else know about this, is it even accurate.

·
Registered
2008 GT500 Convertible
88 Posts
Now the owners of the front-end wrecked ‘20s posted earlier have an excuse lol.

Reactions: Keeno and SD1484

·
Registered
12 Posts
this is accurate for cars built prior to August. I got one too. Apparently the brake pedal bracket can break under hard braking.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,352 Posts
I got this message today via the carfax application. Anyone else know about this, is it even accurate. View attachment 208045
Nice to see the recall notices are finally going out. Here is the discussion on the subject:

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
30 Posts
I got the same notice from Carfax. I’m surprised that Ford Pass hasn’t given me any notice yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
I got the same notice from Carfax. I’m surprised that Ford Pass hasn’t given me any notice yet.

Ford’s VIN checker for recalls shows nothing yet either.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
30 Posts
Ford’s VIN checker for recalls shows nothing yet either.
I checked the Ford VIN checker as well and zero came up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked also with my VIN and I got blank. However I get the message of the recall

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 , black, no stripes, tech package carbon fiber, JLT cai catch can, 2.85 pulley VMP tune
45 Posts
Just left the dealership and found out I made the list for the brake pedal bracket. No input on time to receive parts. Also, there was a small leak in the quick connect fitting at the back of the differential. O ring has to be replaced. Most fun was watching them put out the extra boards to drive it up on the lift. Yes, it is a good idea to be there and make friends with the person working on your car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, it is a good idea to be there and make friends with the person working on your car.
Or make sure they do the job right. Brought my car in to have the oil separator put on... Nothing zip tied, etc... Try to give someone a job and they wind up doing it crappy.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,352 Posts
Or make sure they do the job right. Brought my car in to have the oil separator put on... Nothing zip tied, etc... Try to give someone a job and they wind up doing it crappy.
The oil separator is supposed to be installed by the owner. I’ve done 3 of them... I recommend doing it yourself. The pedal cannot be done by yourself since it is a recall item that needs to be documented.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts